Chapter 22

I had thought about what Devran had said to me in front of the garden

        I had thought about what Devran had said to me in front of the garden. He admitted to having anger issues and said he was handling it. He offered that I come by the office if I cared to hear what he had to say about it, and I did. I wanted to talk so I walked down to the Pack House and then to the office I knew he'd be in. I heard voices but when I heard my name amongst the voices I decided to open the door. Just as I did so I heard a voice cutting through them all.

 "Enough! We're talking ourselves into damn circles. There is no way that I would be mates with a damn human. And if that's what the Moon Goddess has done then I will reject this bond! That would weaken us. That would be beneath me" Devran growled out. The room had fallen silent and all eyes fell to me who was quietly standing at the opened door. I was shocked at what I heard and stood frozen as Alpha turned around. Mr.Superior. 

His eyes flashed with some emotion I couldn't detect. He wasn't expecting me here to hear this. I didn't fully understand what they were talking about because they mentioned me being a Mate which I thought was impossible. It didn't matter, the rest of what he said stood out clearly. I was a damn human, he would reject me, I weaken them, and I am beneath him.

        I ran out the door and out the house altogether. That man is such a bastard. I can't believe him. "Mira" I heard him shout after me. I kept walking. "Mira, stop" he used his commanding voice. Too bad it doesn't work on me. When I felt a slight tug I was forced to stop. He had gotten hold of my arm and turned me around. 

"What! What the hell do you want?!" I shouted. The entire council had exited the Pack House and some of them were telling him to stop while others encouraged him, but most stayed quiet. This got the attention of people in the streets. "I know you heard us in there" he started, but I wouldn't let him finish. "Yeah, I heard you. I'm beneath you. I'd weaken your Pack. I heard everything" I shouted, pushing him. People gasped, but he caught my hands. Holding me still he looked down at me with angry features but almost sad eyes.

         "Don't do this in front of everyone" he said quietly to me. I didn't care. "No, do it. If you're going to reject me then do it now in front of everyone. Tell them what you said" I challenged. "Mira," he warned. I ripped my wrists from his grip and clenched my fists at my sides. "Your big bad Alpha had a dud Mate. A weak, worthless, lower than scum human" I shouted. You could hear the voices in the streets murmuring and more began appearing. Jasper walked down the Pack House steps heading toward the street where I was currently standing but I put a hand up to stop him.

"Do you deny this?" I asked Devran. He finally snapped and his sad eyes dissolved into ones of resolve. "I do not deny it. The Moon Goddess has made a mistake..." he started. More gasps could be heard. 

"Be angry all you want Mira but what I said was true. A human would weaken my pack and I can't have that. I put the pack over all. You are not cut out to be Luna" he said, filling me with rage. "So that's it? That's what you think of me?" I pushed him, then pushed him again. He grabbed my wrists again and pulled me close to his chest.