Chapter 31

Very early the next morning, they were ready and down for breakfast with the luggage heaped in the living room, for the maids to take to the car. Even Amanda's parents were amazed when they came down and met then already in the dining munching their meals, fully dressed

"Isn't it too early? It's not like you are going to another continent," Mrs. Holland complained, her face sullied with concern. It not every time she gets to see her daughter and now that she is here, because of her busy body, she has helped quicken their dismissal.

She had been the one to inform Daisy mom that her daughter was at her place yesterday. She couldn't hold back from blowing the horn on the kid because all these years since she left, Mrs. Holland saw the emptiness in her friends anytime she saw any picture of Daisy on television or anything concerning her was mentioned. She knows what it means to lose a child because she lost one too. Though through death. She wouldn't want that for any mother not to mention someone dear to her.

So, she had sneaked to her room to tell her friend to come and see her daughter and maybe try to get her to forgive her for her dissertation when the girl needed her most. However, from the look of things, she didn't get her wish.

"Mom, we have to leave now so as to get there early. We have programs to attend that involve the upcoming show."

"But that's why you have assistants, Daisy," The woman rushed to her and Daisy as if just seeing the woman reclined back in her huddle to look up at her. "Is it because of your mother that you two are running away?"

Daisy's mouth pulled in, to hold back from telling the old lady to stop calling that woman her mother but she didn't because she knew that would necessitate more arguments. Arguments as the least of the things she yearned for right now. "No, mom, it's just that we have never been away from the company like this. It's either I'm around to take care of things or she is..." She smiled to accompany the statement and hoped the woman would drop it or at least leave her out of it.

"Okay, if you say so.." The woman uttered but from her drab tone one could tell she wasn't fully convinced.

Amanda's father came down to join them and they are in silence. After that, Daisy checked through her emails while waiting for Amanda to finish up. She was such a slow eater and eats much too.

"So, Dee, I hope you will be able to forgive your..."

"Mother," Amanda called slowly, her eyes trained on the woman. "Drop it."

"Why? I'm only saying..." Amanda stood abruptly.

"Thanks, Dad, thanks ma... We will be leaving now."

Her mother sighed in defeat, knowing this one is beyond her. Even her daughter now thinks she is being too nosey. "Alright, I will not talk about it. Try to take care of yourselves and if someday you decide that you want to change your taste in a partner, let me know..."

"I will put that under consideration, mom. For now," She went to kiss her cheek and her father's. "He will see you guys."

"Okay, Pincho," Her father called her a name he used often when she was little as a result of her petite nature. "And Daisy, please do take care."

"Thanks, Mr. Holland, thanks for having me." She went to kiss the cheek of Amanda's mother who patted her shoulder mildly, and then Mr. Holland.

They accompanied them outside until they got into the car and zoomed off the garage. That was only when Daisy exhaled and so did Amanda.

"Those two can be so annoying!" Amanda careened, bringing out her laptop. She placed it on her lap and sorted through her emails.

"I thought I would never make it out there with my head complete," Daisy confessed.