Chapter 34

That evening, they were in the pool area comparing designs sent by their assistants as well as checking out the immune samples of the other companies that would be present in the show, when there was a knock Daisy's maid came to tell her that they were cops at the door who insisted on speaking to her.

Daisy was shocked because she didn't book any appointment with the cops and hasn't seen any since she closed the case against the intruder the last time. So why were they here? She wondered.

"Send them in," She told her maid and climbed out of the pool to tie her Duffy towel around her and waited in the pool chair.

It want long, two men walked into with another last by their side, and Daisy stood and met them halfway with a broad smile. "You are welcome to my home, gentlemen and a lady," She addressed them, "how may I help you?"

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Richards, we will like to feed you in on the investigation that was carried out about the invasion of your home last month as we found it had something to do with one Mr. Richards..."

"Wait, what?!" She shouted. "Mr. Richards? You mean, Ethan Richards?"

"Exactly, ma'am.." The first man with a dark shade and his hands positioned on his guns on its holster acquiesced. "After a thorough investigation we found out that he was your ex husband and when we apprehended the dude that carried out the invasion, he said it wasn't anything serious. According to him, he said it as supposed to be a set up and nothing dangerous..."

Daisy's ear was busting. Ethan planned such a stunt on her? He was there that night and so how did he do it?

Amanda appeared beside her, seeing how pale she had gone from afar. She touched Daisy's elbow to bring him back and at that, Daisy suddenly notes out laughing which distressed Amanda. "What's going on?" She asked them.

Dais touches her shoulder, her face still bearing her mirth of derision. "Can you believe it was Ethan that set me up the night? He hired that bastard that invaded my house!"

"What?!" Amanda reeled, finding it hard to believe. "Are you sure, officers? There must be a mistake somewhere. Ethan can't stoop so low..."

"Stop defending him, Mandy! You have no idea what extent people can go for a selfish motive. But come to think of it..." She faltered, her right hand going to come through her head in dismay. "How come the idiot was going through my laptop? Is Ethan working with the enemies to steal my designs too?"

"Everything was planned ma'am. I think he wanted you to think so, so he told the guy to pretend to go through your design file..." The Auburn lady among them inferred.

Daisy touches her mouth, releasing a mild chuckle. She still can't believe that Ethan would do this. "Then you have to arrest him!"

"Ma'am, we would have but we have no evidence to prove this..." The man that spoke first confirmed.

Daisy was puzzled. "But the boy can testify..." She played with her hands.

Amanda interrupted. "Officers, we appreciate your effort towards the case but can you allow us to talk about this and get back to you at the office? Please..."

Daisy glared at him. She knew Amanda would find a way to justify the most season for Ethans actions and she wasn't willing to let him out on this one. Here she was thinking of how to give him a second chance and now this?

"Mandy, I think..."

Amanda grabbed her hand and drew her to the side. "Dee, I can comprehend the level of your anger towards Ethan for this stunt he pulled but try to be in his shoes..." Daisy's eyes widened. It was just was she envisaged. Amanda lifted her hands in defense. "I'm not trying to say what he did was right but at least hear him out. For the sake of Danny."