Chapter 10

"Daniel, can I speak to this man for a minute?" Daisy asked, beaming fauxly at her son who was oblivious to the furnace burning underneath his mother's smile, as he played with the two dogs.

"Sure," he mumbled, "Ella! Boss!" He called and took off towards the shattered shrubs they ran out from. Daisy's heart almost skipped in fright at the speed of light he ran.

"Don't worry he will be alright. He is just like his fa__"

"Don't you dare finish that statement, you coward!" She whirled at him, pointing her index heinously at him. "He has no father! He died long before my boy was born!" She advanced menacingly at him, anger flashing in her eyes. "What do you really want, Ethan?" She stopped in front of him, their eyes clashing in combat, none willing to lose to the other.

Ethan was overwhelmed. He can't believe that Daisy would bear this amount of hate towards him. He wanted to find out if it was truly from the inside or she was putting it up just for show, so he smirked, raised the tip of his index to her face and bent to her ear to whisper...

"Are you sure that his father is truly dead? Or this is all your show for vendetta?" Maybe he had imagined it, or, maybe it surely happened, Daisy shuddered, gasped and jumped away from him.

"Stay the fuck away from us, Ethan, or I swear..."

"Or what would happen?" He took a long step to her front and she darted back, her eyes wild with shock. She was ashamed of herself, particularly her body, for being so traitorous! This man ruined her life, her career and her emotions. Yet, her silly body trembled for him, and right now, watching him smirk devilishly in front of her, those sharp brown eyes penetrating the depth of her heart, and his dimples dipped on his flawless face, a true image of her Daniel, she knew she wouldn't like this opposition if she continued.

"Daniel!" She screeched in a voice that nearly choked her lungs. "Come here at once with Ella! Daniel!"

"Listen to me, Daisy," he reached and without thinking grabbed her, startling a tough breath out of Daisy. "I messed up big time. I fucked up but I'm sorry and I won't stop now that I have been given a second chance with you. I was young and stupid. Do you think I don't think about you all these years? I regretted my actions ten times over and prayed to meet you once again so I can rectify what I spoiled!"

"Ugh...." She forcefully yanked her hand out of his, her heart breaking with every sentence he produced. He had the nerve! "You wanted to meet me once again? When? When you are married with another woman like you almost did three days ago? How dare you? So now you regret your actions because you suddenly found out about Daniel?!" she tilted her head to the side, frowning gravely.

"I swear it wasn't about him! Yes, when I saw him it doubled my regret and my need to have you back, but it wasn't the reason why..."

She stepped further away, shaking her head. She wagged her finger at his face. "I hate you with everything in me, Ethan. I regret the day I met you, I regret giving myself to you, living with you and giving you the power to destroy me. But it's alright, I have been given a second chance to be better and believe me, I will never allow you ruin it for me again. Stay the fuck away from us!"

"Daisy!..."

"Daniel!" She screeched and veered in the direction he disappeared, her heart thudding in rage. "Oh, I'm going to make sure you are grounded for this stunt!"

"Daisy, listen..."

"Ella!" She tried with the dog because she often heeds to her calls...

"Daisy!" He caught up with her and grabbed her waist, whirling her around to him. "Please let him play for a while... Tell me what I'm going to do, to gain your forgiveness." He pleaded, his countenance one of uttermost remorse.

She was close to the brink of losing her sanity. She nodded with fervor, holding herself back from punching at him for thinking she would ever allow herself to do that. "You want to gain my forgiveness?"

"Yea, babe? I swear it, tell me what it is and I will do it!"

She continued nodding, and looked around, still searching for her son. "Call him to come now, Ethan and maybe you will have a chance." She said, tricky.

"Just that?" Ethan asked suspiciously.

"Yeah..." She ripped her arm off his and folded on her chest, still trying to act cool.

"Okay... Daniel, come here, my boy," He called and like magic, the boy and the two dogs materialized from the low thickets as though waiting for his call. Daisy eyed her son, already planning how he is going to remain indoors for the remainder of his holidays for this stunt.

"Dad?" He brushed the curly hairs falling on his face to look up at his Dad, their similar beam on his face and the dimples deep into his cheek far more than his father's. "Mom, are you okay?"

She bent to pick up Ella and then in a split second gripped Daniels's wrist in her other hand and then faced his father. "If you want my forgiveness, then Ethan you will have a fat snowball chance in hell than to have it. You can as well work hard to kiss my ass!" She snarled the last part as she dragged her son and dog out of the scene, the other dog going berserk as his new friends were rudely snatched from him.

"I will see you, Daisy," Ethan called, stooping to brush his dog furs. He smiled after them, somehow feeling bad. "I will see you soon, son." He waved when his son looked back with a poppy eye as his mother dragged him away.

He stood there watching after them until they disappeared around the corner, then he started walking in the direction of his black Audi parked under a shed, not far from there.

He fucked up, he knew that, and even though it is the last thing he does, he would gain back the forgiveness of his ex-wife. It was all because of his mother that he lost her.

His mother never approved of Daisy because according to her, nothing good could come from a model. From the first day Ethan introduced Daisy to his mother, she took one look at Daisy and told him she wasn't good enough for him.

It didn't matter that she was accomplished in her career. She said she must have gotten there by sleeping with different men and won't stop even though she married her son. At first, Ethan fought against his mother because he loved Daisy so much and was willing to go against his mother to marry her.

She told him she would prove him wrong about her and proved her disapproval by not attending the wedding. He was heartbroken but he had Daisy and she comforted him.

Three months into the wedding, his mother kept sending her right-hand man to supply him with photos of Daisy with different men during photo shoots and when he confronted Daisy, she told him they were partners and the shoot was mandatory. It was nothing personal. And he believed her.

But then four months down the line, one day his mother's man came with this picture of her kissing a man at a fair in Paris. It broke Ethan's heart and made him doubt his wife for the first time.

When he confronted her again, he told her to quit modeling because he wanted to try a family with her and would take care of her. It was a hard decision for her to make because she was at the apex of her career but she loved Ethan and wanted to do whatever would make him happy.

A month later after she quit, Ethan's mother's man came in with another photo of the same man that kissed her, smiling brightly at her in a photo he knew they took recently. It devastated Ethan's heart beyond words that he could barely control himself. He started monitoring her and banned her from going out without a guard that he assigned to her. She took all these because she was clean and had nothing to hide.

The sixth month when Daisy announced her pregnancy to Ethan, he was so certain it wasn't his and told it to her face that he knew she was sleeping with someone else and he wasn't responsible for her pregnancy.

He was overcome with jealousy that even when she wanted to explain to him, he wasn't willing to listen and kicked her out. It was all his fault and today she resents him so much.

As he powered his car and made his way out of the park, he was heading to his family's house that weekend to make sure his mother gets an earful for making him lose the love of his life and a son!

"Do you think she would ever forgive me, Boss?"He asked his dog, whose response was a mild whimper.

...