Chapter 28

Later when Daisy managed to escape from the clasp of Amanda's parents and ran upstairs, she didn't see her in the room where she placed her bag, so she went in search of her in her room which was the second one after her room. She knocked and pushed open.

Amanda was sitting there, her head bent on her phone typing furiously. She looked up when Daisy entered, and looked down at once. Daisy sensed the tense air, and knew something was off.

"What's up?" She went closer and plopped down in front of her friend on the bed. "What's going on, Mandy?"

"I should actually be asking you that, Dee. You just showed up without telling me and now you are asking me what's going on?" Her voice sounded bitter

"Whoa! Calm down, girl. I didn't know I needed permission to come here, okay? I only came because I know I fucked up back home. I shouldn't have channeled my anger at you when I was the one who fucked up."

"Obviously," Amanda rolled her eyes downward, and shifted away.

Daisy knew she was going through something and knew it was her time to be by her friend's side as she knew she would have if she were in her shoes. "I'm sorry, Mandy. I missed you so much and I knew no matter what, I had to be here for you because I promised."

"You didn't have to come," Mandy said, stood up and went to the window.

"Well, too late." Daisy said, stood, and went to her. "If there is something I have learned in our friendship, it's the fact that friends stay when things go rough so I'm sorry, but I am not going anywhere. Especially now that I know you need me the most."

"I don't need you or anyone, Daisy."

Daisy exhaled, stopping directly in front of her. " I heard about Becky."

"You are happy now, ain't you?" Amanda asked, meeting her eyes.

"No!" Daisy cried out. "Why should I be?" She displayed her two arms. "I was happy for you when you were with her, I swear it! I don't know what happened but if you think she is the right one for you, then I think we should..."

"Stop talking about her!" Amanda snapped, meeting Daisy's eyes squarely. "Let's not talk about her anymore. She made her decisions and for her not to pick my calls up to now? I think it's for the best. I came here to tell my parents about us but now she isn't even here to fight with me. At the slight storm, she runs. Is that what I'm going to put up with?"

"She ran because she was scared, Amanda. You were not being fair to her by being a scent minded." Daisy stated not wanting her friend to make a bad decision as a result of something which wouldn't have happened if not she messed up. "I think you should fight for her, Mandy."

Amanda exhaled dejectedly, her shoulders sagging. "What am I going to do?"

Daisy smiled sadly and dragged her into her arms to squash her. "First of all, we tell your parents so that next time she comes back, you are bringing her to meet them. And then hopefully, pops the question."

"You think so?" Amanda jerked away, her forehead furrowed in worry.

"I know so," Daisy pulled her back. "Aww, I missed your hugs so much."

"I do too. I was so miserable without you that I brought it out on her," She mewled, her hands going around Daisy and they indeed squashed each other.

When they pulled apart, they went to flop down on the bed with their faces to the decked white ceiling, their hands behind their head, the fluorescent light in the room reflected off their faces. " How has it been here with them?" Daisy asked.

Amanda puffed out exasperating air and shook her head with her eyes closed. "It has been terrifying, I must tell you. Particularly mom! Yesterday I considered leaving twice!"