Chapter 2

"Raven?" Ethan dropped the hands of his bride and twisted to them, his face contorted into something indecipherable.

Daisy, who was still shocked at seeing him again after five years, couldn't believe it. She swallowed loudly and shook her head, stepped back, and held the church door. This can not be happening. She moved far away from Seattle to New Orleans just to avoid ever having any contact with and still, this is happening?

"I swear I didn't know anything about this," Amanda defended herself, reaching out to her friend.

"I know," Daisy quickly agreed. She knew if Amanda knew she would have told her. They had suffered together when it took place so there was no way she would keep something that delicate from her.

"We have to leave," Amanda suggested.

Amanda looked up to meet the eyes of the bride, who was glaring at her, her eyes relaying a message to Amanda inquiring what was going on, and if she could understand she would realize from the eye Amanda gave her that she was as shocked as everyone else.

"Let's go," Daisy conceded, took one look at the aisle, and swung around but then she stopped, something mischievous rising inside her. One of revenge. She flipped back and faced the aisle once more. "You know what, pastor," She smiled bitterly...

"What are you doing?" Amanda rugged her hand.

"I have something to say that might save this young lady here from future destruction. A word of advice baby girl, if I were you I would never marry this man and you know why, the same way he looks at you now with all the praises of forever might end the day you get pregnant. Then he would_"

"Raven!" Ethan thundered.

"Shut the fuck up, Ethan, and don't ever call me that. You lost every right the day you..." She bit down on her chin and decided not to finish the sentence. She smiled sadly and proceeded with what she was telling his poor bride, "The day you get pregnant, he would accuse you of cheating on him, and then he would kick you out! If you are not strong, always know that my friend here," She hugged Amanda to her, "loves you enough to attend this shitty wedding!"

The church was dead in silence, as everyone's eyes roved around in confusion looking from the couple to the ladies at the door, unsure of what to make out of the fiasco.

Seeing that her feat of revenge has been achieved, Dasy smoked broadly, gave a mock bow, and dragged her appalled friend out of the church room.

"What was that for?" Amanda asked the instant the car pulled out of the church ground.

Daisy, having recovered from her slight bravery, snapped her eyes to Amanda and shook her head. "I don't even know to be honest. One minute we were walking in and then... I swear to God I was gobsmacked at seeing him for so long."

"Is that why you have to pull sick madness off?" Her friend confronted her snidely. She surprised Daisy who thinks her friend would be happy that she stood up for her.

"I didn't think you would be mad at me," Daisy asked Amanda quietly. "Do you know what it meant to me walking in there to see him so happy after destroying my life?"

"Daisy..."

"Do you think I'm like this today because I woke up one day and decided to? How dare you judge me?" Tears brimmed in her eyes. She might not have succeeded to stop the wedding, but she was sure the bride would live henceforth is rummaging through every word she good her today.

"I'm sorry_"

"No, don't tell me you are sorry," Daisy stopped her. "I am the one who is sorry for standing for you when it is obvious you are bent on remaining dumb all your life!"