Chapter 27

Ethan was in his black SUV driving back from work that evening when his phone started ringing. He wanted to ignore it. In fact, recently he hasn't been picking calls. After that day with Daisy, he had traveled to New York to visit his mother and they had a long talk. She was repentant and asked for his forgiveness, but he wasn't ready to listen.

When he walked out that day, he left her with the words that until Daisy is ready to speak to him, he was never going to talk to her again. And he meant it. So now apart from his clients, and of course his assistant from the office, he never answers any calls from anyone.

He turned to a corner and the phone went off again. In the process of turning, his eyes briefly fluttered to it and came to a screeching stop.

"You son of a devil!" the driver coming directly behind him cursed and sped off. He wasn't listening and wasn't in the mood to respond 'because he knew he was wrong plus at this point even though he wasn't, the only thing he cared about was the name displayed on the phone.

He rapidly grabbed the phone with quivering hands and picked up. "Hey..."

There was momentous silence but he knew she was there, obviously regretting calling him. "Hy, Ethan..." Daisy's raspy voice filtered through the phone.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah.." Daisy tried to stay normal.because she needed a favor from him. "Hey, I'm calling to ask for a favor..."

"Whatever it is, baby--"

"Don't fucken call me that, Ethan! You know what? Forget I called..."

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Please don't cut the call, I'm sorry, I won't call you that if you don't want me to

.."

"Good... Okay, the thing is, I have this impromptu trip to make and I was wondering if you could help me bring my son and Ella to your home till I get back, please..."

"Of course I can do that, Daisy. He is our son, why won't I?"

"Okay, thanks!"

"Wait!"

"What?!"

"A-are you okay?"

"Of course, what are you expecting? That I will die?"

"No," she hurried amid a nervous chuckle. "I mean the impromptu travel..."

"Oh, it's kind of personal,"

"Okay, safe trip..."

"Bye!" She cut the call on him and held the phone to her mouth to inhale deeply. There, she didn't die.

"Yes!" Ethan yelped with a sharp fist bump in the air and did a mad reverse toward the kiddies where his son was with the little nippy.

This was a way at least for him.

....

Daisy couldn't believe she called him but she didn't have a choice. She has to go to New York today and she didn't want to leave without making sure her boy is good with her dog. She wouldn't be at peace. What kind of mother would that make her?

The trio was smooth, despite having to be cramped up with so many bodies but she made it out softly without breaking a neck. She arrived in a cab and gave the man directions to the house of Amanda's patents.

The house was just as the last time she came there. Nothing much has been done to it aside from the minor renovations. She sat in the cab for a while looking at the environment, her mind going to the last time she was there. It's been upto four years now since then.