Chapter 29

"Amanda! Raven! Come down, dinner is ready!" Amanda's mother called them from the down and they had to suspend their discussion and left the room.

In the dining room, Mrs. Holland served the sumptuous dishes which only by its aroma, had Daisy's stomach somersaulting in hunger. "Thanks, Mrs. Holland."

"I have told you on more than one occasion to stop calling me that and call me mom, Raven. Yin makes me seem old." Daisy laughed.

"I will remember that next time, mom."

She hummed in response and went to serve her husband before returning to her chair to sit down and started eating the sweet porridge she made.

They are utterly silent that Daisy was for once happy in this new development in the Holland family. She was enjoying herself so much and didn't want any distraction while at it. That was until...

"So, Daisy, who is the man in your life now?"

"Mom!" Amanda cried. "I thought we discussed this. No more talking about men..."

Her mother stoned her a murderous glare. "I am talking with my goddaughter and just because you have decided to die single doesn't mean she did too, am I right, Raven?" she asked her.

"I am not dying single, ma..." Amanda muttered through a tight lip, her eyes meeting Daisy who stuffed her mouth with food and looked down at her plate.

"We are not dying single, I can assure you, mom." She finally answered, picking up her glass of wine after emitting her plate. There was something about mom's food as they say. "We are just... trying to make sure that we make the right decisions. Well, for me, but Amanda has found someone..." Amanda choked on her food as her eyes snapped to Daisy and the latter bounced her shoulder, meaning Why wait for the inevitable?

"What!" Her mother's spoon fell on her plate, her eyes dancing in merriment. She looked at her daughter. "Why didn't you tell us? No wonder! I told your father that your homecoming had something attached to it. You never come like this."

"What Daisy is trying to say, mother is that..." Amanda hesitated, words lacking in her throat. Daisy smiled to encourage her. "That I might be getting married!" She snickered wearily.

"That's the same thing, isn't it, Roland?" She asked her husband.

"Exactly the same thing," He confirmed.

"Mother, I'm not exactly what you think I am, I can't, I haven't been honest with you two from the start," Her hands fell on her laps and Daisy took the right one to squeeze gently. Tears shone in Amanda's eyes. Daisy knew she was deeply afraid. How did she think she could do this on her own before? "I don't think I can do this!" She let out, shaking her head at Daisy as a tear fell.

"You can do it, Mandy. C'mon, you can!" She encouraged her, looked up at Amanda's parents who were looking verily out of place.

"Mom, Dad, what Amanda is trying to say is that..."

"I love women!" Amanda blurted.

Her mother started laughing, and her father joined in. The girls looked at themselves in awe. What is going on with them? Daisy mused.

"What's so bad about loving women? I am your mother, you love me. Daisy is your best friend and you love her too. There's definitely nothing wrong with that. I mean, I recall when you were in college and your lecturer reported you were cheerleading a faction for the women's revolution and all that gender equality bullshit! If that doesn't convince me that you love the women's race, what else?" The older woman rambled on, her misty eyes racking about.

Daisy knew now that she probably knew what Amanda was talking about and was trying to pretend it wasn't, or this was another major fluke. "What she is trying to say is that..." She looked at Amanda and swallowed, their fingers tightening in each other. "She is into women like she...she finds pleasure with women..."