Chapter 14

Ethan smiled at her, knowing she was in a tight corner where she can't turn him down now. But he cornered her from the door sight, knowing his seat ex-wife was capable of anything. "Hy," He mumbled.

"You sly fox! You have the nerve!"

He shrugged. "I knew you wouldn't come if I had come out straight to invite you so don't blame me for opting for this."

Daisy blew out an angry breath. She thought about this but didn't know he would have the balls to pull this kind of stuff off after what he did to her. "Ethan, do you know I can arrest you for stalking me and my son? What is wrong with you? You think because you invested in my busin__"

"Ladies and gentlemen, you are welcome to this great moment of the season when we are all gathered to witness the amazing performance like the time of the old, of our dear opera singer, Madame Celeste all the way from France. Please let's give a round of applause as we welcome her to the stage!" The man of the occasion cut her off to announce.

Ethan scooted closer and grabbed her hand, knowing if he had to get her attention he had to go hard. He was glad she still retained his name which means he still has chance. She didn't hate him that much to change her last name and he was willing to take advantage of anything within his grasp to have her back. She struggled away but he started pulling her away from the door.

"Let me go, Ethan, this minute!" She shrieked, her voice drowned out by the applause from the audience as the singer came on stage.

"Cmon, Daisy, the most interesting part of the show is about to start, you won't want to miss it out!" She wanted to struggle more but they are already within her eyesight of so many people and any move from her now and the press camera would zero on her. He planned this right and now she was trapped. With him.

They reached the seats he reserved and he ushered her into one of them and faced her with a broad grin. The grin that had swept her off her feet six years ago.

She smiled at a woman by her side who smiled back intently and then focused back on the stage. Then Daisy whirled around to him still smiling and bit out, "if you think..."

"Just enjoy the opera, baby. We will sort all that out!" her heart boiled the more he feigned everything was alright with them. It wasn't! How could he smile at her when he knew she resents him? What is this to him? Some game? A very sick one she would say.

He faced the stage and started listening to the music while she sat there deciding between concentrating on the song and lashing out at him despite knowing he wouldn't listen or from what she thought, might not care. So at the end, she had to join him in listening.

The opera singer sang a very compassionate song that left the audience enamored and their heart touched. It went long after she started singing, there were concealed sounds of sniffs and even some people crying. Daisy was very emotional mixed with rage that she had to listen to something that beautiful while with the worst person on earth right now to her.

Still, it didn't stop her from shedding tears. Before she could realize it, it was too late and when she searched for a napkin to wipe it off she didn't see any. She hissed and wanted to use her hand when a napkin blocked her vision. When she looked up, it was Ethan offering her a napkin. She didn't want to accept it. He has done more than enough and she was planning on returning his gift, accepting more wouldn't do her any good.

She was still trying to decide when he leaned in and started dabbing the napkin on her face. She flinched off, he inched in. "Stay put, unless you want me to smear your makeup," he said and without thinking about it, she knew he might likely do it so she stayed still while he dabbed away her tears. It was just like in the past. It made her reflect and made more tears pour.