Trouble (part 2)

Rick's POV

Everything that's going on with Randall is causing me to lose my mind. We had to drag him back to the camp because he seemed to recognise Maggie's voice. Shane and I got into a argument about Randall the camp, and even had the guts to criticise Idalia. 

We returned to the camp and re-entered Randall into the barn. Shane is shouting from behind me as I hurried to Idalia, complaining that we should have  just left Randall to defend himself.

I'm spending time with Idalia, who is telling me about her day and how much she misses me.

"But love, you've spent the entire day with Daryl and Glenn."

"I know bu.... Still, I'd like to spend more time with you. I haven't seen you in a long time."

"I understand love, but after this fiasco with this guy. I'm not so sure. If you wish, we can spend as much time as you prefer. It's all right, love." I say to her. After that, she gives a nod.

It was lovely to spend some quiet time with Idalia. Being able to cosy up next to her. While she tries to stay awake, I brushed my fingers through her lovely long brown hair. Glenn approached me and sat down outside our tend close to Idalia. 

"The group wants to speak with you about Randall and your plans for him." Glenn informed me. I return my gaze to Idalia after a little moment with him. 

This is something I never wanted to happen to her. I want her to grow up and do something meaningful with her life, but neither she nor any of us can. I return Glenn's stare.

"I'll be there in a minute if you take her to your tent." While getting up, I told Glenn. 

As I approach the majority of the crowd, we begin to strategise on what to do about Randall. 

"So what are you going to do? We'll feel better if we knew the plan." Lori went out and said to Shane and I. 

"Is there a plan." Andrea spat out. 

While we're discussing, I notice Daryl approaching us with a wounded hand. When I informed everyone that he was approaching, they all turned their heads in his direction.

"Boy there's got a gang 30 men got heavy artillery and they're looking to make friends. They rolled though here those boys are dead. Women they're gonna with they were." Daryl finished telling us what he found about Randalls gang. And to be hornist it doesn't surprise me a group of only men they think they rule the place but when they see a woman they take the advantage. And I'm not having that happening to my group. 

"No one goes near this guy." I tell my group. Lori comes up to me and asked what I'm going to do. And I'm going to do what's best for my family, keep them safe. 

"We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat." I tell every one. 

"You're just going to kill him." Dale said walking closer to me.

"It's settled we're doing it today." I told them and walked off. Hearing foot steps behind me. Dale comes and tells me I can't go killing the kid. But I'm only doing what's best for my family. He continues to tell me how wrong this is and I know this is wrong but what else can I do.

"Think about Carl and Idalia." Dale shouts at me. I turn around and glare at him. 

"I am." I told him. Thats all I ever think about is keeping them safe trying to make it a bit better for them to live in. 

"I'm asking for one day to talk to everybody. You can give me that."

Time Skip

Daryl's POV

Idalia and I are collecting sticks to make more arrows for myself. And to be honest Idalia is starting to get better at making my arrows for me, I think she might be better then me if she carries on they way she is. In the corner of my eye I can see Dale coming over to us. I tell Idalia to take a brake and play but make sure she stays close so I can still see her. 

"What point of me and Idalia coming up here is to get away from you people. Carol send you?" I told Dale. 

"She's not the only one that's concerned about you and your new role in the group."

"This group's broken. I'm better off defending for myself and Idalia."

"You act like you don't care for the others."

I let him continue while I get my jacket and Idalia's. 

"Yeah cause I don't."

"So live or die you don't care what happens to Randall?"

"Nope."

"And why not. Stand with me try to save the kid's life. If it really doesn't matter one way or the other. Your opinion makes a difference."  

"Man, ain't nobody looking at me for nothing except for Idalia. I'll do anything for that girl."

I call out for Idalia and she comes running to me. I help he put her jacket on and we start walking away from Dale.

"Carol is and I am right now and you obviously you have ricks ear."

"Rick just looks to Shane. Let him." I start to walk back to Dale while holding Idalia's hand. Trying to get Dale to understand I don't care about this Randall kid as long as his group and him stays away from Idalia I don't care what they do.

"You cared about what happened to Sofia. Cared what it meant to the group. Torturing people that isn't you. You're a decent man. So is Rick. Shane is different.

"Why's that? Cause he killed Otis."

"Who told you that?"

"Tell some story. Otis covered him saved his ass he showed up with the dead guy's gun, Rick ain't stupid. He didn't figure that out it's cause he didn't wanna. It's like I said group's broken." After that Idalia and I walked away getting away from all this mess. I don't want Idalia to get in the middle of this and ending up getting hurt because Rick can't control the group or because I'm off hunting and I need someone to look after her. 

****************************************************************************

Hi guys sorry I've been away for so long I've just been busy with college work but I'm on my easter holidays now so I'm hopping I'll get more out for you guys