Chapter 2

Link heard a bolt click as he slid his keycard over the pad, balancing his mountain of paperwork precariously with one arm. He managed to push on the door handle, the door swinging open and giving him a glance into the room. It was dim as he stepped inside, the only light coming from the now setting sun as it sank behind the forest of buildings.

He gave a low whistle and dumped his papers on a nearby table, flicking on the lights as he wandered further into the suite. H.I. had really outdone themselves. There was a spacious living area, complete with plush furniture and shaggy rugs, as well as an entire kitchen attached. The whole room screamed luxury, from the granite countertops, mural windows, and even the frilly fruit basket sitting on the coffee table.

Flopping down on the leather couch, Link inspected the basket curiously, helping himself to the delicately wrapped chocolates, hand skipping right over the fruit. He casually discarded the card which most likely had some cheesy personalized message, turning insead to a sleek black box tucked among the Wildberries. Upon further inspection, he found it to be the latest Fi phone. A bit shocked, he opened it, the smooth device already fitted with a custom case bearing Harkinin Industries famous logo.

Link tapped the screen to life and scrolled through the pages, "Shut up," he muttered, tapping on every social media platform he could find. "They don't miss a thing, do they?" he chuckled, turning the phone over in his hand.

Somehow, and by the goddesses, Link didn't know how; every single one of his accounts had already been logged into, contacts fully restored, and even his photos had been transferred.

He stuffed the rest of the chocolates into his mouth, grabbed his paperwork, and headed for the bedroom, thumb swiping through his contacts. He barely noticed the spacious room as he collapsed onto the soft bed, kicking off his shoes in the process. For now, he was content to enjoy what felt like paradise to his stiff body. Back in the camps, they didn't have the luxury of a plush king bed.

Forms were the furthest thing from his mind as he lay there, still scrolling on his new phone. While he'd been in Faron there hadn't been any network or any sort of communication, meaning he hadn't had a phone or any way to stay in contact with his family and friends. It hadn't been a particularly hard thing for him to do, his work had kept him busy enough, but it had put a strain on a few relationships...or rather what used to be a relationship.

Links finger hung over the contact the read 'Mipha' for a few moments, debating whether or not to press down. When he'd left it had been a mutual break up, both had decided that long distance with barely any contact would be too hard to maintain. Of course, it had stung, but it hadn't been that serious anyway.

A blush crept onto Link's face as the girl from that afternoon crossed his mind. That same feeling of excitement grew in his stomach, burning his skin and making his brain go fuzzy.

He shook his head to clear the feeling away. It was too late and he was too tired from traveling to be thinking about this. Without hesitation he tapped the phone icon by a familiar name and brought it to his ear, flicking idly at the pages next to him while it rang. After a few rings, he heard the call connect as someone answered.

"Yello?" a man answered, a noise like a television distinctly in the background.

"Yello yourself, old man."

The TV instantly clicked off, "WILD?!" the man shouted into the phone, "you little prick, when did you get back?!"

"Nice to talk to you too, Twi." Link chuckled, "I got into Castle Town about an hour ago."

"Wait, you're in the city? Which part? How long are you staying? And is this a new phone?" the questions came flying out faster than Link could process them.