¹

§eason 1

Derek speed walks, almost runs, to the nurses station his best friend usually lingers near. Though he only moved here two months ago, he can already say Bonnie Teller is one of his greatest friends. Greater than Mark ever was. He met her at Joe's after signing his contract with Webber, just a day after he got to Seattle. They spend most days together now when they're not working, and find ways to spend most shifts together.

"Tyler, Where's-" he begins to ask.

Tyler gives him a bored look as he rolls his eyes and nods over his shoulder towards the cubicles. Derek taps the desk and rushes over, peaking into each cubicle until he finds his friend inserting an IV on an unconscious patient. He throws the curtain closed.

"She's an intern here." He bursts.

Bon looks up, her eyebrows raised; a stray piece of hair falls in her eyes. "Sorry?"

"Meredith. The girl I met at Joe's last night, the girl I spent the night with." He puts his hands on his hips like he always does when stressed.

Bonnie curls her top lip over her bottom, trying hard not to smirk. She clears her throat and tapes the cannula in place. "That's um that's uh unfortunate." She finally says as she stands and pulls her gloves off.

Derek raises an eyebrow. "Unfortunate? It's a disaster!"

Bonnie let's her laugh out finally. "I'm sorry, didn't you say she was something special just a few hours ago? In fact you did. We were at the coffee cart and you rocked up - late - and gushed like a teenage girl." She sniggers as she throws the supplies away.

"Before I knew she was an intern!" He tuts.

"Well, you already banged her. Do it again." She shrugs. "What do you want me to say?"

He huffs and storms away as Bonnie giggles hard and shakes her head. She updates the chart and heads back to the nurses station. She spots a group of interns and begins to wonder which is the one her friend had sex with last night.

"Meredith Grey. You look just like your mom." Someone says to the short, blonde haired intern amongst a group of misfits.

"Thank you." The girl forces a smile.

Bonnie deliberates; the pansexual part of her deliberates. Meredith is pretty, but if she's a Grey that means she's probably got Mommy issues. Ellis Grey's reputation is known even to those who never worked with her - thankfully.

She quickly begins to dislike Meredith, however, as its all her friend talk about over the coming weeks.

We kissed in the elevator... again.

She's so young. And new. Am I ruining her career already?

I spent a week sleeping at hers, how did I even manage that?

Bonnie downs her shot of whiskey. "Derek!" She slams the glass down and turns to her friend. "Grow a pair and either date her or bin her." She slurs.

He nurses a whiskey on the rocks. "It's not that easy, Bon." He sighs.

She rolls her eyes and stands, grabbing the darts from the table. "It is. Want me to prove it?"

"How?" He raises an eyebrow.

Bonnie throws a dart and only just hits the board. She looks around as she hiccups. "Pretty boy there - I'll fuck him and bin him."

"