²

§eason 2

Bonnie leans one arm on the incubator as the other fills out the chart

Bonnie leans one arm on the incubator as the other fills out the chart. "You're doing good little guy." She whispers to the tot. "So good." She smiles, watching him for a moment.

She looks up as the door opens and straightens up, setting the chart back as she readys her self to leave. Addison sighs. "Come on, you can avoid my husband but you moved yourself to the NICU."

"I didn't realise your speciality." Bonnie admits.

Addison takes the chart reading over it. "Why are you so mad at Derek? I get Meredith being mad, but why are you?" She glances at Bonnie.

Bon sighs deeply. "Coz... I don't do friends. Work friends, sure, but nothing outside these walls. I had one best friend, I married him and he died. Then along comes Derek and he worms his way into my icy heart and makes me think it'll be okay. Then he lies. The whole 5 months we were friends, he was lying to me and I don't trust him anymore. Simple." She shrugs.

"I'm... I'm sorry you lost your husband." Addison says gently. "But my husband can't be a replacement for that."

Bonnie scoffs. "You think I'd want to replace Dacre? You may be okay with cheating but not me. Replacing my husband even if he's been dead almost 10 years would always feel like cheating. Derek never replaced him but he was the closest friend I'd had since then. Grow up, Addison." She snaps and storms out.

"Nobby-"

"And now you!? Wanna take a shot too, Derek?" She snaps as she pivots to get away.

Derek jogs to catch up and grabs her arm, pulling her into the closest store room. He blocks the door and crosses his arms. "Whats that meant to mean?"

"Your wife thinks you're a suitable replacement for Dacre!" She snaps, glaring at him. "No one will-"

"No one will ever replace him, Bonnie, I know. She had no right to say that." He says calmly. "Dac was your childhood sweetheart. He was your right hand and he was everything. I know. I'm not that - we both know that."

Bonnie breathes heavy and sniffles, fighing tears. She looks at Derek as her eyes water. "Y-you lied to me." She whispers.

"I lied to ever- okay no, not the right thing to say." He holds his hands up as she glares and raises her fist. "You have every right to be mad, but please stop ignoring me."

Bonnie goes to yell but her pager beeps and so does Derek's. "Move." She mutters and thankfully he does, both heading in separate directions.