¹⁸

Bonnie and Poppy head back to the car with a cart full of food, ready for their thanksgiving feast. Ewan is coming in and it's going to be the original trio, the first bunch of Sawyers and their families. It's going to be nice.

"Jamie says you gotta make your slaw and I don't think you wanna let your son down so early in his life, right?" Bonnie says as she buckles up.

"Oh god don't. Mom guilt is so fucking hard. And I'm trying so hard not to end up like our mom or dad, I'm tryna parent." She jokes as she drives.

Bonnie smiles. "You're already 10 times better than both of them. And he's only 4." She nudges her sister. "Step one is be there - and you are. Step 2 is to wing it as you go."

"And I am." She laughs. "He asked me where my penis was the other day."

"Oh god, what did you say! I'd have made a way too inappropriate joke like 'in a drawer with moms'."

Poppy laughs as her sister does the same. "Almost. No... I told him I misbehaved and it fell off. He was sooo well behaved for like a week straight. Katie had to tell him that mommy lied coz she's mean."

"So mean." Bonnie laughs. She helps grab a bag or two before limping in after her sister. She stops short. "Mom..."

Presley Waters leans on the kitchen counter

Presley Waters leans on the kitchen counter. She takes a deep breath. "Bonnie. Hi."

She takes a deep breath and sets the bags on the counter. "What uh whatcha doing. Here. Why are you here."

"Cruise got cut short. And I thought I'd spend the holiday with my family... and you." She shrugs.

Katie scratches her neck. "Uh..."

Poppy clears her throat. "Well hey were glad you're here! Plenty of food to spare."

"Yeah, have mine. I'm out." Bonnie says, turning to leave.

"Bonnie." Poppy groans. "Please don't go."

"I'm not staying."

"She hasn't got the guts to face her mom." Presley sings as she sips her coffee, leaning back on the counter casually.

"Fuck off!" Bonnie snaps, glaring. She looks at Poppy. "No. Henrietta I can handle. Megan I can tolerate. Her? No. I'd rather rebreak my leg and get shot at the same time over and over." Bonnie snaps.

"You got shot? Oh I bet that's a fascinating story." Presley says sarcastically.

"Mom! You are not helping." Poppy snaps, glaring. She grabs her sisters hand as she tries to leave. "If you can't do it for me then do it for Jamie. He wants nothing more than his Auntie Bon here and his nana and I can't bear disappointing him. And neither can either of you." She looks at them both.

Bonnie glares - how dare she used her kryptonite? "Fine. But one more comment and I will end her. I promise you."

"Okay." Poppy hugs her sister tightly. "Get the door, there's a surprise for you." She says as the doorbell rings.