¹⁴

"Okay, just call if you need anything

"Okay, just call if you need anything... love you too. Bye." Bonnie hangs up and rolls into Mark again. "Hen landed. Addys going to keep an eye on her from LA." She says as she cuddles up to him."

"That's an easier distance than San Diego to here." He kisses her head as he plays with her hair. "Let's hope you don't have anymore surprise visitors." He jokes.

Bonnie groans. "Let's hope not, I'm far too exhausted."

Mark smiles and tucks her up more. "Sleep then. We have nowhere to be until tonight."

"Mm thank god." She mumbles tiredly.

It isn't long before she's fast asleep, cuddled against him, and he smiles as he watches her. He plays on his phone for a while as he let's her sleep.

'Are you free?' - Derek

Mark quickly types a reply. 'Is anyone dying?'

'No... only my relationship. Can I come over?' - Derek.

Mark tuts and sighs. 'Fine but if you wake Bonnie, I'll end you.'

He sets his phone down and kisses her head, carefully getting up. He heads into the kitchen area and jumps in surprise as her apartment door opens. "Dude!" Mark hisses.

Derek smiles holding up his key. "Tada."

"When did she give you that." He shakes his head.

"She didn't. I took it when I realised who I was dealing with - there once was a time I worried about what state I'd find her in." He admits.

"Tell her you have it at least." Mark sighs. "What couldn't wait until we're on shift?"

"I let Meredith on my clinical trial."

Mark rolls his eyes as he sits his coffee. "I know."

"And... I think it was a bad idea." Derek sighs and makes himself a coffee.

Mark laughs. "Oh I could've told you that. In fact, I did."

"I'll wake Bonnie if you keep up with this Jackass attitude." Derek glares.

Mark glares back. "You won't, she hasn't slept much lately. Fine, sensible Mark is here but I don't know how long he'll stay so hurry up."

"What do I do?" Derek sighs.

"What do you want to do? You can kick her off, sure, but do you want to?" Mark asks.

Derek takes a deep breath. "I don't know." He admits. "I don't want to have to see her everyday but I do. I want to know she's doing okay and that she's doing well at her job. But she's getting so attached to the patients. It's not fair to them or to her."

"So kick her off." Mark shrugs. "You are her superior, right?"

"I... can't." Derek sighs.

Mark groans. "Then what do you want me to say dude?"