²⁰

Bonnie keeps her head low as she works on some files, occasionally taking a deep breath to not throw up everywhere. She has her hair over one shoulder and her hand shielding the other side of her face, mostly shut off from the light. Good god, Calliope Torres is a decent drinking. Almost, ALMOST, drank Bonnie under the table.

"Someone looks very fragile."

Bonnie flips Bailey off. "Shhh." She mumbles.

"Why?" Bailey leans close and talks louder. "Problem?"

Bonnie shoves her away as Bailey laughs. "Stop." She whines. "I'm gonna murder Torres." She groans.

"You taken aspirin?" Bailey leans on the desk beside her. "I heard you almost squashed little Grey."

"Don't even." Bonnie sits back and sighs, pushes her hair back. "I wish I had. She kissed Mark! And her little brain rationalised it. I'm sorry, but that's fucked."

"Part of me hoped she would be as messed up as Grey but seems they're both with their problems." Bailey muses. "Will you be my scrub nurse this afternoon please?"

"As long as there's no noise, no Grey or demon Grey, no Mark and no judgy looks? Yes."

"Can't promise the judgy looks won't come from me, or that there will be total silence, but I assure neither of the Greys and no Mark freaking Sloan in my OR." She pats her friends arm. "3 o'clock. Don't be late."

"Am I ever?" Bonnie smiles and sighs as Bailey walks away. She needs coffee - lots of it.

She heads to her favourite cart, the one by the back entrance of the hospital; they all serve the same coffee but the barista there is usually nicer than the others, gives light conversation, extra foam or sprinkles. As she gets there, however, she spots Meredith and Derek in a semi-heated discussion.

She turns to walk away when Meredith calls out, "Hey! Get back here."

Bonnie exhales slowly and turns, hands in pockets. "Yeah?"

Meredith glares. "Don't 'yeah' me. You don't get to speak to Lexie the way you did just because you feel bad for leaving Mark!"

Bonnie scoffs and leans her head back. "Oh wow." She looks, no, glares through Meredith's cold soul. "I didn't leave Mark, first off - he sent me away to rest. We called everyday, multiple times a day, not that it's any of your business. Secondly, Lexie needs to learn boundaries. Just because a guy flirts at someone doesn't mean its time to spread your legs - guess you two are more alike than you thought, huh!"

Meredith does a double take. "Are you- did you just call me a slut!?"

"Shoe fits." Bonnie snaps.

Derek grabs Meredith as she lunges. "Okay okay! Stop!" He snaps, pushing her back as he stands between them. "Meredith - Lexie is in the wrong here, I agree with Bonnie here, but Bonnie, you don't get to talk to people that way." He says sternly, glaring between the two. "Lexie is old enough to fight her own battles. And Bonnie had every right to go away. You two need to grow the heck up because I'm sick of it. Meredith, I love you and you're the one I'm staying with forever but Bonnie is my best friend friend and I'm stick with her, too. Norbert, Meredith is the woman I'm with and the one I love and you're my best friend, you have to accept that. Jesus christ, high school was easier than this." He snaps and storms off.

Bonnie and Meredith stand in silence. Meredith takes a deep breath as she crosses her arms. "Lexie is in the wrong... but you don't get to confront her like that in a public bar when she just went for a drink-"

Bonnie raises an eyebrow. "That's what she told you, huh? She came to confront me Meredith, she was there alone and came right over to me." She sighs and shakes her head. "She's the one you need to talk to about public confrontation." She walks away quickly.