¹⁶

Mark sends his patient off to CT, pulling his gloves off as Derek comes over

Mark sends his patient off to CT, pulling his gloves off as Derek comes over. "Whats up?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You... haven't seen the news?" He asks nervously.

"I've had 4 back to back surgeries and then got paged down to the pit. Why?" He frowns.

"Now she said don't panic but I know you wi-"

Mark pales. "What the fuck has happened." He demands.

"She's absolutely fine, let me start with that, but Bonnie was in an explosion- and you're gone." Derek sighs as Mark runs off towards the stairs. He rushes after him. "Mark!"

He rushes into the pit and throws several curtains open, quickly apologising when it isn't her. When he does find her? He's instantly filled with jealousy as he sees a shirtless man, with a bandaged around his waist, sat on her bed making her laugh. "Bonnie." He sighs in relief still.

" He sighs in relief still

"I told you not to worry." She scowls.

"Don't worry? I get told you're in an explosion, what am I supposed to think?" He cups her face and kisses her.

Arnie stands and clears his throat awkwardly. "I made sure she was all good."

Mark looks over. "Right. And you are?"

"Arnie. Arnie Teller, I'm Dacre's brother." He offers a hand.

Mark doesn't shake it. "Right. Mind telling me how the fuck dinner turned into my girl getting bombed?" He demands.

"Hey, don't be an ass." Bonnie warns.

"Police suspect the laundrette had some dodgy dealings, were storing chemicals for fertiliser bombs. They weren't stored correctly and boom. Bon ran in to be the hero and that she was." Arnie shrugs.

"Right." Mark nods once. "What happened to you?"

Arnie looks at the bandage. "Oh uh I was shot while on duty a month ago." He shrugs. "It's nothing."

"Getting shot isn't nothing, Arn." Bonnie tuts and sighs. "Get back into bed."

He smirks and salutes, climbing back into his bed. Mark sits on the edge of Bonnie's. "Whats hurt?"