Mark dials Bonnie again as he waits by the OR board, about to head into a face lift. He doesn't have much time but he's beginning to worry; when she didn't show last night, he figured she went home after her shift. But she hasn't answered his calls or texts since. That's not like her. Well, that's not like the girl he's gotten to know the last 4 weeks.

Derek and Burke are talking not far away at the OR floor nurses station. "Now you and Cristina are engaged you'll have a lot of work to do." He says to Burke.

"Right."

Mark looks over as he puts his phone away."You and Yang are getting hitched?"

Burke doesn't respond to the statements. "There's a mass casualty incident rolling in."

Derek doesn't either. "There'll probably be some burn victims. You should be prepared." He walks off.

Mark heads after him. "Hey, wait."

"What." Derek snaps, pausing.

Mark takes a deep breath. "I know you guys aren't talking but have you seen Bonnie? I haven't heard from her in a while."

"What, did you piss her off? Trouble in paradise?" Derek laughs. "Good."

"Don't be a jerk. Look, she's a friend. Who I happen to now..." Mark shakes his head. "Even at work she still has her phone on her. She should have finished at 8 last night but was running late - she called, I said it's cool. But I haven't heard from her since that call at 7 last night. It's been-" he looks at his watch, "-15 hours. What do I do?"

Derek frowns a little. "She goes MIA but usually answers her calls..." He mumbles. This is very unlike her. "Has she called in sick?"

"No. No one else can get ahold of her either." Mark shakes his head. "I don't know her as well as you do but this isn't like her."

"I'll run over to her apartment when I get chance." Derek nods. "You... you still have the same number? I'll update you. And you keep me updated."

Mark nods. "Thanks." He smiles small, walking off as he rubs his neck nervously.

Derek watches him go. This is definitely a new kind of Mark he's never met. Mark Sloan is a heartless ass with no feelings but here he is with some form of worry for another human being. Its just a shame its for someone else he really cares about. First his wife, now his best friend? What, does he want Meredith too?

"Shepherd. I need you in the next rig." Webber says as soon as he sees Derek.

Derek sets some files down. "Ok."

"I want you at that scene."

Derek shakes his head. "You're gonna need me here."

Richard shakes his head now. "They're reporting lots of closed head injuries and I want you to get in there and bring them back, alive."

Derek sighs and salutes as he heads out, headed for a rig. Mark busies himself with patients but his mind is still elsewhere. He focused long enough to help Izzy Stevens drill burr holes but now he needs to focus. He finds Derek in the hallway outside where they work on Meredith.

 He finds Derek in the hallway outside where they work on Meredith