Seeing Signs

Lacy was furious. She was like a loose cannon at the moment. Harry had tried a few times to turn her around. To make her stop, but nothing he did helped. She stormed through the school drawing the attention of everyone she passed.

Harry tried one more time to stop her only succeeding in getting shoved aside. He watched in horror as Dudley turned around. Not even a second later Lacy's hand – more like a closed fist – connected with Dudley's face. Harry sighed as he stood up.

"I knew I should have never told you." Harry mumbled to himself. "I shouldn't have even thought about telling anyone what happened."

"That is nonsense!" Lacy yelled at him. "You're coming home with me today. And you're telling my father everything! I won't take no for an answer."

Harry sighed and nodded his head. He was actually very happy that he wasn't going back with Dudley. He would have been too terrified to go back with Dudley. After all it was Dudley's birthday and having a girl punch him was going to cause all hell for Harry. Harry always stayed as far away from Dudley as he could on his birthday.

The bell rang for the end of their day and Harry was a little excited. Since his uncle was taking Dudley out he would only be invited because no one could look after him. At least this way he wouldn't have to get dragged along. He also wouldn't have to suffer punishment after the fact because his uncle and Dudley would have most likely forgotten.

Lacy found Harry in no time at all. She grabbed his hand and basically dragged him out of the school. Severus raised an eyebrow at her and she just shrugged. A silent conversation all their own. Harry didn't even look up at the man out of fear more than respect.

That was the first day Severus had ever distanced himself from Lacy.

The trip home was quiet, except for the soft whispers of conversation between Lacy and Harry. Severus hadn't said a word to either of them. The car came to a stop inside their garage and Severus didn't even wait for them to get out. He had just disappeared into the house.

"Is this my fault?" Harry asked.

"No." Lacy frowned. "He's just being overly dramatic."

"Are you sure?"

Lacy smiled and nodded. "Yes, I'm very sure. This is just his usual attitude. He can be over the top sometimes. I promise it's not because of you."

Lacy knew that she was lying. The honest truth was that she didn't understand it. Severus had never turned a cold shoulder to her the way he just had. Not a hello or goodbye. No explanation as to where he would be. Just nothing.

Lacy showed Harry around their home. Each room they had expected to see Severus in but he was nowhere. Lacy tried not to freak out. She was sure her father would explain himself. She hoped he would because she didn't want to believe that he would just abandon her or her brother.

Severus did show up after a while if only to make dinner. He was as silent as ever. So much so that Lacy and Harry didn't even know he was cooking until they could smell the food. Harry realized then how late it was and was a little scared. He should have been home hours ago.

"Amm sir." Harry said softly.

"Don't mumble kid." Severus sighed. "Where's Lacy?"

"Bathroom. I was just wondering when..."

"You will be staying here for the night." Severus deadpanned.

"But sir, I don't mean to be rude, I think I should go back." Harry tried to reason. "I don't even have clothes to change into."

Severus raised an eyebrow but didn't respond to him. Instead he called for Lacy. Lacy sat down at the table as Severus placed the food down. He then turned to Harry and frowned. Harry had been standing in a corner and hadn't moved a toe.