Christmas Magic

"Happy Christmas, Dad!"

"Happy Christmas, Lacy. Go fetch Harry and Sirius."

Lacy smiled and nodded then ran off. She couldn't find Sirius though. There were only four bedrooms in their house and Sirius' room was locked tight. Lacy never went into Severus' room if he wasn't in there so it never occurred to her to look.

Harry stumbled into the lounge with a lopsided grin. He yawned and sat down in front of the tree. Lacy returned with a frown and told Severus that she couldn't find Sirius. Severus left knowing that Lacy hadn't checked his room.

"Sirius, wake up." Severus called.

"Leave me alone, Sevy." Sirius mumbled.

Severus felt the air get pushed out of his body. Something about hearing that itched at the back of his mind. It was a lot like when he saw Sirius wearing the collar. It was so familiar and yet so foreign. Like a long forgotten dream after waking up. It felt like something important but at the same time so trivial. He quickly shook it off and walked over to the bed.

"Sirius, get out of bed. Before I call the pound." Severus yanked the blanket away.

"Asshole!" Sirius growled out.

"Be a good boy and come. Lacy and Harry are waiting to open presents." Severus smirked and walked away. "If you're well behaved I'll give you a treat."

"You're lucky I still love you, you bloody bastard." Sirius mumbled more to himself.

Severus froze at the door. He glanced over his shoulder realizing Sirius hadn't been talking directly to him. He left as quickly as he could without making it known that he had heard Sirius. Severus went to the kitchen and made breakfast, while Sirius was getting dressed and kicking himself for saying what he had said out loud.

Both of them made it to the lounge within seconds of each other. Sirius carrying a rather large present and Severus carrying a tray with breakfast. Lacy and Harry were allowed to open half of their presents before they had breakfast.

"Sev. This one's for you. Draco helped me make it."

Severus raised an eyebrow and gently opened the gift. It was a cauldron made from paper. It was about the length of his forearm and the height of Harry's leg up to his knee. It made Severus wonder how Harry managed to get it back home. Severus thanked Harry and set the cauldron to the side. Lacy handed him another gift, not as big as the one Harry had given him though.

"Siri helped me with getting this one." Lacy grinned.

Severus looked at Sirius who was casually fiddling with the tag on the collar he was wearing. He opened the gift and smiled. It was strange but the gift brought back a very happy memory. It was an extremely rare book on potions. Something about it made him think of an oddly shaped bookmark. "That's all I need for this book." Severus thought. He winced at the memory and thought before smiling and thanking Lacy for the gift.

"I have a gift for you as well, Sirius." Severus said.

Sirius looked at him surprised just before Severus disappeared. Severus walked back into the lounge a few minutes later and stepped to the side. Sirius stood up and stared with wide eyes.