Rain and Storm

"Has it arrived yet?"

"Lacy, go to school."

Lacy smiled and said goodbye before leaving the house. Severus and Harry remained at the table. Harry had been waiting for his Hogwarts letter. Severus had just gone out to fetch the mail. Of course Severus knew that the letter wouldn't be mailed the muggle way.

"And why are you still here?" Severus asked.

"Did I get anything?"

"You are aware that you still have work to complete. Go do it." Severus frowned. "Your letter will come directly to you."

Harry didn't quite understand what he had meant. Harry also didn't want to test Severus' patience. He left immediately and made his way towards the work room. Severus smirked a bit to himself. He was amused by both Lacy and Harry's behavior.

Harry had been anxious as he completed his tasks. One reason was the fact that he just found out that he was already extremely famous. The other reason was that he really wanted to get his Hogwarts letter. He was worried that he would never actually receive it.

Harry also didn't understand why Severus started leaving certain windows open around the house. He was yet to learn the smaller, less important things about the wizarding world since Severus had him working on the bigger, more talked about things.

Harry was about to complain to Severus. He didn't want to learn anything today. He wanted to wait and maybe not think about what the wizarding world thought of him. He wanted to learn more about Severus specifically. Why didn't he show much emotion?

Just as Harry walked into Severus' office an owl landed on his shoulder. It nearly gave him a huge fright. The owl had a letter in its beak. Harry took the letter and the owl flew off. He hadn't looked at the letter yet as he was still on a mission to talk to Severus.

Severus wasn't in the office. He wasn't in his room either. Harry found Severus in the kitchen.

"I see your letter finally came." Severus said a little smugly.

Harry looked at the letter in his hand and smiled. "I didn't realize that's what the owl was holding."

Severus smirked. "I told you that it was going to come directly to you. Now open it."

Harry sat down and opened the letter. He smiled as he read it and then handed the letter to Severus. Severus looked at him feeling a little proud. Of course Harry had no idea what most of the stuff he needed was. That was Severus' fault for not actually informing him about the simpler day to day things in the wizarding world.

"I'll be leaving earlier to pick Lacy up." Severus stated.

Almost as if fate had heard him the phone started ringing. Severus answered the phone only to say a few words and hang up. He turned to Harry and frowned.

"You're coming with me. I think you will want to hear this." Severus was trying not to smirk.

"What happened?"

"Lacy." Severus said as they got into the car.

Nothing was said as they drove to the school. Harry followed behind Severus as they walked through the halls. All of Harry's ex-classmates were staring at him. They were surprised to see him. Surprised to see that he was looking much healthier and stronger. Harry only smiled at them as he walked past following Severus.

Severus allowed Harry to enter the office first. Both of them sat down at the same time. Lacy was grinning from ear to ear and Severus just knew she had done something a little evil. He had raised her after all and he was a Slytherin.