Accepted

The months leading up to the end of the year were nothing but dreadful. Grindelwald was stuck trying to get Lacy back on his side or rather under his control. It was dreadful for him because he had no idea how she kept avoiding him and overcoming his efforts. Then there was Harry who could no longer be seen talking to Severus because they were supposed to be on opposite sides. Of course that had its own issues.

Severus was trapped worse than Grindelwald in this entire situation. He could get away with small things because Grindelwald didn't mind that he was Lacy's father. To Grindelwald that was his best connection to Lacy. To Severus it felt like a curse. He had never really truly hated Tom for giving him Lacy until then. It wasn't because of Lacy but because of Grindelwald. The whole dreadful situation had Severus wishing things were different.

"Dad?"

Severus lifted his head from his desk. "What is it, Lacy?"

Lacy shrugged. "I've never seen you like this."

"Don't worry about it." Severus sighed.

He cast a spell to see if anyone was nearby and leaned back in his chair. He wanted more than anything to hold Lacy and Harry. He wanted to just take them both and disappear but he couldn't. He knew he couldn't and he knew exactly why. This back and forth game of chess had to end. For the sake of his best friend and her children.

"Regulus will be taking you home." Severus deadpanned. "No excuses, no exceptions."

"Dad? What about you?" Lacy frowned.

"I'll be fine." Severus smiled a little.

The fast few months had been quite dreadful indeed. The next few months would be much worse for one person. Severus Snape had sensed it the longer time went on and Grindelwald was unable to control Lacy. He had seen the madness behind Grindelwald's eyes and understood what it meant. He had accepted what was coming but that didn't mean he was going to tell anyone.

Lacy left his class rather concerned. She understood Severus a lot better than she initially knew. There was something wrong and it was something huge. From what she understood of Harry's plan the first part was over. They would hear from Regulus how the second part had gone when they went home. She had a sneaking feeling that Severus would be the only one who wasn't going to be home for the holiday. This would be different. It wouldn't be like the other times he had simply locked himself away in one of the rooms.

Harr, Lacy and Draco boarded the train the next day. Try as she might, Lacy hadn't seen Severus since the day before. She searched the compartments once the train started moving. She returned half an hour later disappointed and frustrated. She asked Harry and Draco if they had seen Severus. Then she told them about what had happened in his class.

Eight hours later at the train station Harry and Lacy were directed away from the crowd by an invisible force. Draco followed behind them only to be stopped by his father. That was the last time Draco Malfoy saw his friends for the entire holiday. The invisible force turned out to be Regulus in Harry's invisibility cloak. Severus had sent him the cloak with a letter two days before.

Lacy and Harry realized almost immediately that they weren't going home. Regulus had taken them to the place he had been staying with Tom. Lacy's heart filled with uncontrollable anger the second she had seen him and she raced over and hit him. Tom just let her and stopped Regulus from doing anything. Eventually Harry pulled her away.