The Truth

Was it a good idea? No, it wasn't. Did Lacy care? No, not really. After the night Harry had stayed over things had changed drastically. Her friendship with Harry was still growing and seemed to be the only normal thing in her life. It was things at home that had changed and that didn't sit right with her. Severus still refused to talk about his reasons for being different.

Severus had come to pick her up from school like he usually did. However, Lacy was not alone. Severus raised an eyebrow like he had the last time. Harry seemed to be desperately trying to get free from Lacy's grip. She had told herself that Severus wouldn't deny her request to take Harry home with them again. She was right because Severus could never really say no to her.

Maybe she hadn't thought her plan out correctly. Because her timing was way off. Severus had shown up at the usual time. It was Harry's uncle that sort of threw a wrench in the plan. Before Severus could even agree the whale of a man stormed up to them. His face was red and he was huffing and puffing from anger.

"Where do you think you're going, boy?"

"Ammm Uncle Vernon... Lacy was just..."

"He's spending the weekend." Severus deadpanned.

"Who do you think you are, mister? You can't just take the boy without his permission or the permission of his family.." Vernon was almost shouting.

"Mr. Potter, were you not coming to ask permission to come over?" Severus looked at Harry.

"Ammm well..."

"Yes he was dad." Lacy interrupted with a smile. "We were planning to surprise you with something and I wanted Harry to sleep over again."

"Keep quiet girl. Harry, get into the car now." Vernon hissed.

Severus glared at the man. He stepped aside and opened the back door to his car. Lacy stepped closer still holding Harry's hand. Harry hesitantly followed her but was abruptly yanked back. That was the only thing that needed to happen for Severus to step between them.

"Let Harry go." Severus demanded.

"I told you to get in the car boy." Vernon growled at Harry ignoring Severus.

"I said let him go." Severus discreetly tapped Vernon's hand with his wand.

The man hissed in pain letting go of Harry. He stepped back and stared shocked at Severus. Lacy quickly pulled Harry into the car and shut the door. Severus tossed a small bottle at Vernon before getting into the driver's seat of his car.

"You might want to use what's in that bottle. Apply three times a day and it should heal properly." Severus said and drove off.

Vernon almost tossed the bottle after the car, but his hand started to sting. He looked down to see small boils forming where the pain was. He quickly poured some of the liquid over the spot. Vernon stormed off to his car and drove home furious.

*~*~*~*~*

Harry ducked into the room he had slept in the last time. He had been trying his best to keep it together since leaving school. He knew that his uncle would be out for blood when he got home. It had been making him extremely worried.

Lacy had gone to find her father. Severus wasn't locked in his work room like the last time. Instead he was in the kitchen. Lacy still didn't really understand why Severus acted the way he did around Harry. She had tried but Severus always shut her down. She was tired of it.

"Dad? What did you do to Harry's uncle?"

"A minor boil spell." Severus shrugged.

"I thought that you didn't like Harry though." Lacy frowned.