A Long Year

"Uncle Remi, have you spoken to my dad?"

Remus raised an eyebrow. "No, Lacy, I haven't. Why?"

Lacy shrugged and sat down. She couldn't say anything more just yet because the class had started to fill up. Remus kept looking at her as he welcomed the class to the new year. The lesson went by smoothly and surprisingly wasn't slow.

"Lacy Prince. A moment if you have one." Remus said as the class ended.

Lacy didn't protest. She stayed behind and waited for the entire class to be emptied. Remus didn't even move from where he was standing in front of the class. He waited for the last few students to leave before closing the door.

"Why did you ask if I had seen Severus?"

Lacy shrugged. "He's been weird ever since Uncle Reggie and I locked him in a room with Siri. I thought things were actually better but then he was gone pretty much the whole break."

Remus shrugged and shook his head not knowing what to say. Lacy smiled and said goodbye before rushing to her next class. It was only the beginning of the year and she was already going to be late. When she got to the class Severus didn't even do anything, other than take 5 points from Ravenclaw for her being late.

The potion they were making was wolfsbane. Lacy was teamed up with someone from Hufflepuff. Maybe that's why their potion didn't quite work out as it was supposed to. Lacy was certain Severus was going to ground her for life. Except Severus didn't seem all that interested. Lacy thought it was just her. However, at dinner Harry and Remus made the same observation. Something was wrong with Severus and no one really knew what it was.

*~*~*~*~*

The semester had gone by with little to no incidents. Lacy's attendance had actually improved, in Severus' opinion. Her grades were still top tier and Severus was proud of her. His indifference to her and Harry's attempts to talk wasn't because he didn't care or because he wasn't proud. No, his indifference was due to learning something he shouldn't have.

Regulus had sent him an owl in the beginning of the term. The information it held was not very pleasant. Up until now, Severus had no idea how to respond. He had been living on autopilot since receiving the letter. His body moved on the memory of previous actions.

"Sev? I really need to talk to you. It's about Lacy."

"Very well Harry. Have a seat." Severus gestured to an empty desk.

"Are you going to listen this time?" Harry frowned.

"You have my undivided attention Harry."

Harry smiled sadly. "I think Lacy is going to get herself in serious trouble. She stole my cloak and I think she's been seeking out every night."

Severus frowned and leaned forward. "Why do you think this?"

Harry shrugged. "She's been saying a lot of stuff about figuring out why you haven't been yourself. Also Remus said something about a prophecy to both of us and she said..."

"Remus did what!" Harry flinched at the sudden change. "That damn idiot. Harry, go find Lacy right now. Meet me in Remus' class."

Severus didn't wait for an argument. He stormed out of his class like a bat out of hell. Every student moved out of his way. He had only been seen this furious once and never again. So the fact that he was furious scared everyone he passed. Remus' classroom was empty but that didn't stop Severus from kicking in the door to the back room.