Lacy's Mission

Remus Lupin had graciously replaced Professor Quirrell. He took the job for the soul reason of being closer to Harry. Remus had basically been left out of the loop on Harry's past and current living situation. Severus had made a point in keeping it from him.

Severus Snape didn't trust the man as far as his arm despite helping him with potions for all these years. He didn't trust Remus simply because he couldn't trust whose side Remus would choose. When they returned to Hogwarts for Harry's second year Severus was not too thrilled.

Harry's second year meant it was Lacy's first year. He was alone at Hogwarts trying to protect both of his children. His parental instinct had pretty much kicked in already when it came to Harry. 1 year and 6 months was more than enough time for that to happen.

The hall was buzzing with excitement as the new first years were brought in. Severus watched Lacy as she grinned at Harry. Harry and Draco were having their own little conversation. All three kids looked towards Severus and then Remus every so often.

"Lacy Lily Prince." McGonagall called.

Severus sat forward in his seat a little as he waited to hear what house she would be put in. He had to admit that he would be surprised if she was a Slytherin. He thought that she was most likely a Hufflepuff or even a Ravenclaw.

Lacy sat down and the hat was placed on her head. It slid down a bit and covered her eyes. It created the perfect opportunity for her to close her eyes and think about what she wanted. Severus had told her that the hat could read minds in a sense.

"Please Mr. Hat, put me somewhere where I can learn as much as I can. I need to help my dad and I don't want to disappoint him either. Please, that's all I ask." Lacy thought.

"Hmmm. Interesting. You're not a Prince. I can sense that there is something deeper. Another Potter, ey?" The Hat responded softly.

"Please don't tell anyone. My dad has done everything to protect me." Lacy frowned.

"How about I put you with your brother. The two..."

"NO! Not Slytherin. Dad will not like that. Please, I just want to help my dad." Lacy pleaded.

"Hmm... Hmmmm... Severus Snape has been your caretaker I see. You wish to learn. You wish to grow your mind. Then I know exactly where you belong..." The Hat lifted Lacy's head and Lacy opened her eyes. "RAVENCLAW!"

Lacy grinned as the hat was taken off her head. She looked at Severus for a second before making her way to the table. She sat down next to an older Ravenclaw girl. Lacy smiled at Harry as the last few students were sorted.

Dinner had been quite normal. Severus was grateful that no questions were raised about Lacy. If Remus or any of the other professors had recognised that Lacy bore a resemblance to Lily they didn't mention it. His biggest fear was that Dumbledore would recognise it.

Severus kept an eye on Lacy the entire time as he listened intently to the conversations between the other professors. His main focus was on Remus and Dumbledore. Nothing was said that would raise any questions or concerns for him. He was relieved that the first day had gone so smoothly.

*~*~*~*~*

"Lacy, over the holidays I asked Sirius something. He said that Reggie, Sev and another friend..."

"Remus Lupin." Lacy cut in. "I asked him the same thing. What are you getting at?"

"Do you think that could be our new professor?"

Lacy shrugged. "Maybe. He hasn't really shown up to a lot of my classes. I'm very good with faces. So I'd recognise him if he's in that picture."

"I forgot you had that picture with all of our father's friends."