Puppeteer's Plan

Severus was not letting Harry, Lacy or Draco return to Hogwarts. The idea of it was simply ridiculous. Only yesterday Severus was helping Lucius cope with Draco's birth. Only yesterday he was cradling Lacy in his arms and cleaning the blood from her face. Only yesterday he had basically kidnapped Harry from an abusive uncle.

Except none of that had actually happened just yesterday and Severus was the only one being ridiculous. Draco was born 14 years ago. It had already been 13 years since he had first held the bloody baby. Despite the fact that it had only been 5 or 6 years since he took Harry in, it felt like he had always been there from the very beginning. They were a family and he would protect them.

Severus was a man of few words. Especially when things weren't going his way. Especially when he was being pushed into a corner. Children had to be children and really shouldn't have to concern themselves with grown up matters.

Sirius only found himself smiling even more. Severus' almost childish, pouting behavior was sweet in his opinion. He could understand where Severus was coming from as well. After all, they had once spoken about getting a kid of their own.

It wasn't easy but despite Severus' desperate attempts to protect his children and his godson, they still made plans behind his back. They still put themselves on the front line and honestly Severus couldn't understand it. Sirius did understand. He understood that Harry and Lacy were simply following the example Severus set.

That's why Sirius didn't stop them when he heard them talking about a plan. He didn't listen in for the details but he wasn't going to interrupt them. Harry was a smart kid even though he was more like Severus than he'd care to admit. Severus had been hard on him from the beginning but Harry understood why and always tried to live up to Severus' example.

Family was important and precious and the last thing Harry wanted was to lose the family he currently had. Even though his little sister was as stubborn as the man that raised her. Harry cared about both of them because Severus had given him a home he was happy in and Lacy gave him a family that cared about him.

"No."

"But. Harry... Mmmph."

Harry sighed and covered her mouth. "I have a better option. Who is to say that the prophecy was only speaking about one person?"

"Hmph mmmh hmm." Lacy tried.

"What?" Harry removed his hand.

"It said 'the one'.." Lacy repeated. "And her and she. Remember."

"And would that prophecy hold true if Tom had killed you?" Harry raised an eyebrow. "If you were given to someone other than Severus, would you be able to say that it's true? My point is that the prophecy can't only be about you."

"Harry, you're not making sense." Lacy sighed.

Harry shook his head. "Stop thinking about the words as they were said and think about it another way. If you were raised like me do you think you'd be able to resist the bad feelings?"

Lacy frowned and stared at Harry. He had never mentioned their uncle since living with them. Lacy had almost completely forgotten that Harry had grown up being abused. The scar on his face had never faded away but it had been forgotten.

Harry touched his hand to the scar and sighed. Lacy was staring at it and she never did that. He understood though. He was the one that had brought up the situation as it was. It was something he had considered when he saw her beating up a kid.

"Lacy. If you were abused and beaten growing up. If you weren't loved and suddenly found yourself at the mercy of that man. Do you think you would have been able to recognise how you were slowly changing?" Harry sighed.