It's Going to be...

"I'm not exactly me. I mean I don't feel like me. My mind is fuzzy on a lot of things."

"I'm not sure if I should be okay with that."

"I'm not going to hurt you Reg. Actually having you with me seems to be helping. You're like my anchor to reality in a way."

Regulus smiled at this. "I still can't stay or move in with you yet. I have to create issues for Sirius and Severus. Sorry, Tom."

Tom laughed a little. "Why can't you do that and still live with me?"

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone where Severus lives." Regulus shrugged. "You know with the whole you killing Lily issue and our failed plan."

Tom frowned. "Is Severus the only one who still doesn't remember anything? I mean my memory isn't exactly great but..."

Regulus sighed and nodded his head. Tom had a vague memory of a lot of things. The times where he really wasn't himself played out like a bad quality movie. He hadn't been lying when he said Regulus was his anchor. He also hadn't told the truth about the things he actually remembered clearly. He was afraid of himself.

He remembered the day he killed Lily and gave Severus the baby. He remembered the day he gave Severus the memory. He also remembered that it wasn't the complete memory of what had happened. He wasn't sure how Severus would react if he told him. Tom had been crazy out of his mind at that time. He wasn't in control of his body most days. Hell he didn't even know where the place in his memory was. Not actually knowing the location made sense to him now though.

"Tom?"

Tom smiled sadly at Regulus. He stood up and kissed Regulus on the cheek before leaving the room for a few minutes. He returned with a pensive and placed it in front of Regulus. Without a word he extracted a memory and placed it in the pensive. Regulus frowned at Tom. He hesitantly took a step forward. Tom wasn't even looking at him anymore. Instead he was staring at the pensive like it was about to attack him.

"I want to destroy this memory from my mind, but I deserve to live with the guilt attached to it." Tom sighed. "There's a lot of things that I wish I didn't remember."

Regulus sighed and nodded his head. He couldn't give words of comfort because he had no idea what Tom was really talking about. With a sigh Regulus dove into the memory. He had honestly wanted the truth no matter how horrible.

*~*~*~*~*

"So uncle Reggie isn't coming back is he?"

"Sorry Lacy, I don't think he is. He has a lot of things to work out with Tom."

"Does Tom have the same problem he had?" Lacy frowned.

"Not exactly. Tom's issue isn't so much his memory."

Lacy nodded. "Hey Siri, where's my dad?"

Sirius shrugged. "No idea."

"That's why he's cooking."

Lacy laughed at this. Sirius frowned and crossed his arms. He wanted to say something but he was supposed to be the adult. Anyway Harry was actually right. Sirius hadn't seen or heard from Severus all day and he knew he wasn't allowed to cook anything at all. So naturally he did exactly that. He just hoped it worked to draw Severus out.

"Dinner's ready!" Sirius yelled out from the kitchen door even though Lacy and Harry were already there. "Guess we'd better eat with Severus."

Sirius turned around and jumped. Lacy and Harry both let out a scream. Standing over the stove was a very frustrated Severus. As usual he tossed the food out and started cooking. Lacy and Harry started laughing and Sirius huffed, even though he knew that was going to happen. He was upset that Severus had scared him.