Chapter [5]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

I am freaking out.

I just somewhat promised Clay that I'll keep his secret. But it's already out in the open. And because of a stupid rant at that.

If he blows up at me again right now, I'd fully understand.

He opens the door, and the look on his face tells me that he was worried about something. I just stood there for a second trying to think of words.

"Hey, Marley. Miss me already?" Clay gave a smile, trying to ease the weird silence.

I nervously smiled up at him. "Uh, something like that. So, listen-" I took in a deep breath. "I was kind of in a bad mood after what happened this morning. So, I ranted to my followers, uhm, on live. Immediately afterwards. And apparently, you also mentioned the situation to your fans. And, so, um, people kind of guessed, know that I might have bumped into you. And they potentially also know the fact that we live in the same building." I finished all in a breath. Shutting my eyes.

I was expecting something similar to this morning. I mean this involves his privacy after all. But all he said, kind of surprised me.

"Yeah, I just heard. But, Marley. Can you show me your hand?"

Confused, and trying to process what was happening, I lifted my hands up. Looking at them, myself, to see if something was wrong with them.

He takes my left hand in his hand and examined it. "Shit, I really gave you a paper cut. I am so sorry, Marley."

He looked genuinely guilty and I was confused once again. What? A paper cut over his privacy?

"Clay, did you hear what I just said-?" I asked, wanting to make sure I was hearing him right.

He sighs. "Yes, I did. And it isn't any of our faults. The internet is just way too smart" He states smiling a little.

My heart wavered a little. I smiled up to him, and apologized again.

"Don't worry about it, Marley. More than that, come in for a second" He said leading me in by pulling my arm. "Stay here, I'll be right back" Once we were inside, he left to do something.

Something brushed against my skin as I stood there waiting. I looked down, and saw the cutest cat ever.

If I recall correctly, this would-be patches. She purred while rubbing against my leg and I contemplated if whether I should just pick her up and make a run for it.

I mean the door was open.

...Kidding!

I bent down to pet her and she fell down with a thump, rolling onto her back. "Awww, hey babyy. It's so good to see you!" I rubbed her neck a little and she meowed.

"That's weird." Clay says coming back in the room "Bellies are a cats' most sensitive spot. Patches wouldn't even warm up to me like this for at least a month at first." He chuckles.

"Guess she likes me more" I said grinning.

"Well, sure, then Leo obviously likes me more" He smirks, and I roll my eyes.

He extends a hand to me. I grab it and he pulls me up. Then he takes out a little packet and tears it.

"Clay, it's fine now. You don't have to do this" I said once I realised what the packet was.

I had taken off the bandage that I used right after I got home since it was honestly annoying to keep on and wash your hands with.

"Nope, I do. It's my fault. And if you leave it open like this then it'll get infected." He said, wrapping the bandage around my middle finger. The air was intense for some reasons.

He took so long with the bandage, because he was being so gentle with it. I wanted to cry. Why the hell was he so cute. My heart fluttered again and I searched for something to say.

"Would you mind if I steal patches?" I asked, as he was finishing up with the bandage.

He chuckled at my question and protectively picked up patches "Nuh-uh. She's my lifeline. But you are welcome to come visit her."

[NO CREDITS WILL BE ROLLED. PLEASE THE STORY IS JUST BEGINNING]

I snickered. "Alright fine, I'll take you up on that offer." And then I remembered something. "Oh shit, I have to go back to Leo. I left in a panic and I can't remember if I closed my door" I said, turning to go back.

He wheezed. "Bye, Marley."

I smiled and waved. And I ran like my house was on fire.