Chapter [33]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

"Ok well, I should probably go. It's time for Leo to eat" I say as Leo starts whimpering by my side.

"Is it already noon?? What??" Clay asks, looking at the sky.

"I mean, at this point, is it really still an uncommon thing?" I smile.

He chuckles "I guess not, feed Leo and do whatever you need to do and come hangout again."

I furrow my eyebrows together and give him a look of amusement "Again?"

"Yes, again. You promised, this is your way of making it up to me" He crossed his arms "There's no other way"

Well, hello again butterflies.

He is so cute. God.

I don't know what came over me. But I reached over, tugged him closer by his hoodie and kissed him. On the cheeks.

Then proceeded to get up, taking Leo up with me, uttering a 'see you' and bolted from there. My face burning.

I felt like a teenage girl running away after giving her crush a love note. What the fuck? I am a grown ass woman.

So, why does he make me want to scream my lungs out at the slightest things?

I reach my apartment, unlock it, go in, lock it again, give Leo his food, before finally collapsing on the couch.

My feet dangling from the head rest.

I could see everything upside down. Childishly hoping that a new angle and a new way to see things will give me answers.

Answers on how the fuck do I move from here onwards.

Do I take the risk and actually flirt with him? And slowly work my ways towards him? That sounds so wrong. Ugh. Jesus. My brain is all jumbled.

I think the blood is finally getting to my head.

But in all seriousness. What the fuck do I do?

"Why is everything so complicated?" I groan into the pillow, that is currently covering my face.

Leo barks in response. And I smile a little "Thank you for the clever insight but I have no idea what you said. Appreciate it tho, love"

Just going for it may ruin our friendship and the worst that could happen I that I lose my friends and everything becomes complicated.

"..."

But, to be fair, he did kiss me first. He took the initiative; I am just continuing it. And the best that can happen is that he likes me back, we get married, have two kids, alongside Leo and Patches, and live happily ever after.

"..."

Right. I need that cold shower.

I get up from my spot and trudge over to my bedroom. Groaning once again, remembering the fact that I have yet to clean the piles of clothes.

I quickly make a mental note to do it later tonight. I pull out some clothes from the pile and walk to the shower. The mountain of clothes may not be a bad thing actually. I found what I needed in a second whereas it usually takes literal minutes to sort through my closet to find some suitable clothes.

I got in the shower and immediately goosebumps covered me as the cold water hit me. My mind was clear now alright. Except I wouldn't be surprised if I catch a cold.

My phone rang as I was almost done with my shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower.

I wiped my hands on the towel and picked up the call.

"Hey, Amils!" I greet.

"Hi! So, did you get your dress? We should start getting ready right now if we want to be there by 7!" Amily frantically said.

Oh, fuck shit. I almost forgot about the Gala. But luckily, I got the dress yesterday, on the way back from dinner with Clay.

"Yes, I got the dress! I just took a shower, how far away are you?" I ask, checking the time. It was currently 2:39 Pm. We have time. I think.

"I just parked my car. Coming up right now." She informed; the sound of a car door slamming could be heard in the back ground.

"Alright see you in a minute." I say as I quickly hang up. I clicked open my texts and send a quick one to Clay.

'Forgot that I had to go somewhere with Amily, can't hang out anymore today :( '

The reply from Clay, came in an instant 'Well that sucks :( Tmrw then?'

'Definitely!'

I send and close my phone. I quickly pull up my sweatpants and put on my sweatshirt. Why is she- The bell rings.

Never mind. I lightly run over to the door, opening it to a panting Amily.

"God, Amily, it's fine, we will make it in time. Calm down" I assure her as I step to the side, letting her in.

"Marley! We have like a proper of two hours before we have to leave! Your hair is still wet! Where's the hair dryer?? Hand it to me!" She exclaims, throwing everything on the couch and moving towards my bathroom.

"Amily, you are halfway done already, your hair and makeup is done. Calm down, I'll be done in time just watch." I say confidently, handing her the hair dryer.

"My manager wouldn't let me out if I didn't do at least my hair and makeup. Partly why I came later than we planned." Amily groaned "My lazy ass loves that other people do my things for me, but I'd rather be comfortable and around you than a bunch of people I don't know."

I chuckled "Yeah, who would've thought"

One thing about Amily is that she hates, crowded places, especially ones filled with strangers.

"Everything aside, how's things with Lover boy going?" Amily asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me through the mirror as she finishes with blow drying my hair.

I rolled my eyes at her "I knew this was coming! You came here just because you wanted me to spill the tea!" I teased and shook my head "And I thought you loved spending time with me"

Amily rolled her eyes and hit my head. "Ow???" I let out dramatically.

"Just spill already, Bitch!!" She cried, dragging me to my room to get ready.

"Ok well, I came to the conclusion that I like him. Like really like him" I confess.

"Oh wow! I totally didn't see that coming!" Amily snickered.

"And the fact that he may also like me back, because he kissed my cheeks a few days back" I say.

"I so called it- WAIT. HOLD UP. KISS???" She gaped.

"On the cheeks! And I kissed him back just a few hours ago. On the cheeks." I let out, my face warming up again.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT IT?? HOW GIRL??? AND WHAT DID THE LIPS DO?? WHY THE CHEEKS??" She asked.

"It was around the time you had the excessive shootings, so I didn't want to call you at night and disturb you. You were pretty exhausted. And the lips scare me. I don't know if it's time yet." I explain.

"Ok, that's fair. But I still won't forgive you until you give me all the details" she stated.

"Deal." I give in.

And time passes as we keep talking and getting ready.

"Holy wow." Amily lets out.

"Holy cow" I let out "I have a hot date tonight."

"And I have a gorgeous one" Amily gapes "Right. Picture time!"

I snicker "I thought we were late?"

"There's always time for pictures" She says.