Chapter [22]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

I was wearing a crop white top and a blue stripped pyjama pants. With the black wind breaker Clay gave me.

While he was wearing a plain black shirt with grey sweatpants with a cat and a lot of hearts drawn on it sloppily with a black sharpie in one of the legs, about around his thigh. And he was wearing a dark green windbreaker.

Something about our outfits made us embarrassed to stay outside of the car longer than necessary. So, we practically dived into the car.

He started it up and we drove out. Once on the road I turned to him and asked "Songs?"

He nodded at his phone, while manoeuvring the car around the light traffic. "Use my phone, it's already connected."

I picked up his phone and blew out a whistle "Sure, the password?"

"It's 1402." He chuckles.

"Any specific reasons?" I ask as I typed in the password I wasn't expecting to get. Does he just casually tell his password to whoever asks?? What's the point in passwords then?? Sigh, I can't understand men.

I thought to myself sarcastically.

"And here I thought you actually loved patches" He sighed dramatically.

"Wait what?? What does Patches have to do with this??" I asked, not working out that the passwords are dates.

"14th Feb." He looked over for a second and smirked "Ring any bell?"

"OH WAIT. IT'S PATCHES BIRTHDAY." I practically screamed when the realisation hits me. "Ugh. Not a word of it to patches. I simply couldn't work out that these numbers were dates."

"Uh huh, sure, now, what's twelfth of august?" He asked, a wide grin plastering his face.

I rolled my eyes at the question.

"Idk, a day after my birthday?" I teased him, while I looked for my Spotify list.

"No, it's- WAIT. DID YOU JUST SAY YOUR BIRTHDAY?" He practically jumped at the information and the car swivelled a little.

"GOD. Please, don't kill me on such a nice night!" I said as a chuckle sneaks in. "But yeah, I know it's your birthday on august 12th Dream. And yes, my birthday is on 11th august."

"LET'S GO. LEO'S FOR THE WIN" He cheered

"Fun fact, Leo's birthday is on the 13th august" I casually said. "Hence the name"

"August is officially the best month ever. Argue with the wall" He laughed

"Periodt" I say. As I press on the first song.

Greek Tragedy by The Wombats starts playing.

"Not what I was expecting in this mood, but the song is bomb so it doesn't matter!" He cheered again.

I cheer as well before starting to sing as the words of the song starts "Yess! We're smashing mics in karaoke bars"

Normally, I would never dare to actually sing seriously in front of anyone. But I feel safe near him. And we already sang together once. Although it was in the heat of the moment and we were practically breathing out the words.

He joins in "You're running late with half your make-up on"

I continue "This method acting might pay our bills"

He then sings "But soon enough there'll be a different role to fill"

The next words, we both sang together until the song ended.