Chapter [37]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

I was right. The whole ride back, Amily screamed and professed her anger towards Matthew. Luckily the driver was someone Amily was familiar with. So, her reputation won't have any effect because of her raging like a child.

We reached my house first, and before I got off, I slipped off my heels.

I bet I got blisters by now. Heels aren't my thing.

"Well, get back safe! Tell Leo I said Hi. To lover boy too." She smirked as she waved.

I flip her off. A smile on my face "Why won't I be safe going up the stairs???"

She shrugged "I don't know. BYEEEE"

"Bye!" I wave back, and continue my way up.

Now I have to make a decision. Do I go get Leo in this dress? Because I- nothing.

Or, Do I change my clothes and go to get Leo? In case I end up staying a while at his place?

This dress did look good on me. I'll admit that much. But I'd rather spend more time with him comfortably.

It was only 10 Pm, and it wouldn't be weird to stay awhile right? I mean, I slept there before.

The thought makes me blush again.

I open my door and go inside.

The first thing I do is get into an oversized black hoodie and a sport short, that gets completely covered by the hoodie, discarding the formal clothes. Respectfully putting them on hangers so there are no chance of creases. 

Then I beeline for the washroom and wash my face clean of makeup

Then I beeline for the washroom and wash my face clean of makeup. Just like heels, I wasn't a makeup girl. I barely knew how to put on equal eyeliner. Plus, the makeup feels heavy on my face.

I also have to be careful of accidentally smudging my mascara. Which is hard because I rub my eyes a lot.

Once my face felt clean and fresh again, I got out of the washroom and walked over to the kitchen to get Leo some snacks.

I put them in a zip lock bag then shoved it in the hoodie pocket, putting my phone in as well.

I took the keys, got out, locked the doors and walked my way up the stairs.

I reached his door and knocked on it. Suddenly getting nervous, remembering the incident Amily caused just hours ago.

I heard some scampering noise behind the door and then Leo barked at the door. I chuckle at his excitement, and crouch down "Hello to you too, Love! Missed me?" I asked Leo from this side of the door.

 "Give me a second Marley! Leo and Patches won't move from the door." Clay says, chuckling at the pets.

I smile "Take your time Clay."

Once the door finally opens, I am almost knocked over, by Leo jumping at me, to the floor from my crouching position. I had to put my hand down to stable myself.

Then Patches decides to climb up my hoodie and settle in the hood.

This made Clay wheeze. "You are such an animal person, Mars."

I laugh "Believe me now??? They love me!"

He nods, calming down "Yeah, I believe you. Now come here Leo, let her get up."

He holds Leo in one hand and extends his other to me, gesturing for me to get up.

I take his hand and he pulls me up, Patches still happily wagging her tail from my hood.

"Come inn" He demands, pulling me inside.

I got in and he closed the door. Still holding my hand.

And I started to blush again.

God damn it Marley. You are only holding hands. You did more than this before.

He lets Leo down and takes my other hand in his and starts swinging them "So? How was the party??"

Before I could even answer, he suddenly pulls me forward and wraps his arms around me.

So now, the side of my face is smashed against his chest. And I am blushing like crazy.

I wrapped my arms around his back as he starts swaying back and forth "Well, it was fun. Drama on the first five minutes, but hey, I got a friend out of it."

"That's epic! I totally wasn't missing you, but hey, I got your pictures out of it!" He jested.

"WHAT?" I asked, sarcastically shocked because I knew something like this would happen when Amily took random pictures of me and immediately afterwards, asked for Clay's number.

"Yeah. It's a secret how I got it tho." He chuckled "Do you want to eat something?"

"Hmm, no, I ate before I came. Did you eat yet?" I asked.

"Nope, I forgot while playing Minecraft." He answered, his voice muffled on my shoulder.

"You are such an idiot. Go play, I'll make you something." I tell him.

"What will you make me?" He asks.

"Maybe a sandwich? I don't know what you have."

"You raided my freeze just today tho."

"Yeah, and I got distracted by the first yogurt I saw."

He chuckles "Yeah I'd like a sandwich made by you exclusively!"

I laugh "Ok go."

"But I wanna watch you make it!" He pouts dramatically.

"Then I'll get flustered and cut my hand." I say, sarcasm evident in my tone.

"Fair enough, BUT, do not finish my yogurt collection!" He says as he lets go of me.

"No promises. It's to die for. Where do you even get them????" I say, suddenly craving yogurts.

"A trade secret! Will only let you have the yogurts if you grant me a wish!" He says, a smirk on his face.

"What wish?"

"I'll tell you when I think of it! Have fun making my dinner! Thank you and Love you!" He says as he walks to his room.

THE FUCK WAS THAT.

CALM DOWN BUTTERFLIES.

It is common to say 'love you' between friends. I have said it many times to Amily. SO, CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND MAKE THE SANDWICH.

Jesus. It's going to be a long night if I keep blushing at every single thing he does.