Chapter [17]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

"I am nervous, Amils!" I fidgeted

"Don't worry, Marley! You keep forgetting that we have a solid plan!" Amily held my shoulder and shook me.

"Yeah, but what's stopping us from slipping and somehow giving ourselves away??" I asked as I went through everything I need to keep myself from doing. Properly playing the game, addressing my two other best friends as my most precious persons, acting and talking like Marceline.

I groaned, it's going to be tough considering Marceline and I am the same persons, and George and Sapnap are my closest friends. I think I can handle Dream since we hung out a few times and he hasn't figured anything out yet.

"The thing that's stopping us from slipping is the fact that this is a solid plan and we can do this! They are just a bunch of hot gamers; we can take them on any day of the week" Amily raised her shaking fists in the air. And I laughed at her antics.

"Thank you, my personal cheerleader, but last time I checked, you had the hots for a certain British gamer" I smirked at her

She turned red "Shut up! I am already nervous that I'll have an interaction with him! Even though I'll be Marceline. UGH. NOW I AM ACTUALLY NERVOUS." She says running her hand down her face.

I chuckled "Anyways, I should probably go get ready, it's almost 4"

"Why did you guys set the time so early anyway? Right after lunch??" Amily asked

"Oh, it's because I am new right? I need to learn the controls before actually playing and that's bound to take some time" I sighed

And Amily chuckled "Sure, get going then-" Amily stopped suddenly "Wait, no, don't go yet. You look way too pretty to not take a few pictures right now"

I groaned, a smile tugging on my lips. "Amily, I love you. And I am thankful for the boost in confidence you give me by complimenting me every moment you can, but I will be late"

She tugged at my arms towards the couches. "No, can do, pictures before misters. You need compliments every second because you don't even know the amount of pretty privilege you hold. And I don't mind reminding you because it also boosts my ego that I am best friends with a literal model." She laughed

"Says the actual model, have you seen yourself?? If anything, it boosts my ego that a beautiful woman such as yourself is my best friend! I mean, I can see it, and so could the modelling agency that hired you." I beamed at Amily. I am proud of her. Her dreams came true. And I am glad because she worked hard for it.

She blushed "Yeah, yeah whatever, now give me a pose." She dismissed the compliment quickly as she took out her phone. Would you look at that? The girl that doesn't hesitate to be bold and continually gives out compliments is shy whenever she gets one herself.

I chuckle just leaning onto the hand rest of the couch.

Amily clicked a picture and just continued staring at her phone. Her mouth slightly open.

"What's wrong?" I asked walking over to her.

"If you don't post this- I definitely will. You look like a flower goddess! Or Aphrodite!" She grinned turning the phone towards me, and I am kind of shocked at how I looked with an oversized shirt contradicting my fancy jewellery.

Amily came early in the morning today and when we were bored after breakfast so, we decided to go through my closet and dressed up like a bunch of teenagers.

"Actually, forget that I asked, I will be the one posting this because I have the perfect caption in mind, which I know for a fact that you'll refuse to give." She sighed "Pretty girls and their insecurities" She rolled her eyes smiling.