Chapter [16]

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

"So, what was it? The thing you came to ask about in the first place?" I asked, looking at him as I scooped the sweet, spoon filled, heaven in my mouth.

I had a hunch on what he wanted to ask though.

He gulped down his coke before answering "Oh, so I remember seeing a post of yours where you mentioned that you would join Minecraft. And I was wondering if you needed any help? You know with playing and stuff" he scratched the back of his neck.

Yup guessed it.

I nodded as I finished my Mcflurry. "Yes! I have been meaning to join but I don't know what to even do." I lied. The guilt getting to me already.

"Great! I mean- I can help you start? Help with the controls and stuff?" He asked nervously.

I nodded again. "Yes, please"

"So, this Friday? Are you free?" He asked

"Yeah, I am actually! So, Friday it is." I smiled and he smiled back.

...

I was streaming with the guys. It was a Thursday evening and everything was normal until a string of words came along.

Flower.Betty She literally rose up to fame because of Dream.

DepressedBoy Yeah, she doesn't even play properly. She only builds, and her builds are good but there are way better people who deserves better recognition.

Justfollowing Did she even beat Minecraft once?

VeryUgly2.0 She wouldn't be known if it weren't for Dream, she's just a clout rider

I_am_nothing Wonder how she got dream to stick around.

MicrosoftCEO tbh she seems like a two faced bitch.

Feelings69 The Dream team would be better off without her. Just stating facts.

I liked to stream because of all the people supporting me. But this stream was different as the chat filled with these type of comments. Worse ones even. Only occasionally some people would squeeze in some words fighting back for me.

I had learned to ignore these type of comments. But it still hurt all the same. And as one after another popped up in the chat, I couldn't help but wonder, what if people did stay because I would mostly stream with Dream and them?

What if it was the only reason? I mean, I would agree. I am shit at everything. I wouldn't be surprised if streaming was one of them.

I rubbed my eyes as a ball formed in my throat. 

Right then I was glad that I am faceless and I didn't have to turn on my camera. As my insecurity and anxiety came rushing in. Tears were threatening to come out and my voice was breaking so I kept quiet.

Dream noticed the sudden silence and asked "Are you ok, Mars?"

When I tried but couldn't respond, I think he joined my stream. 

And saw the chat.

"Stop." He said in a stern voice. Which made me flinch a little.

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys? You call yourself my fans and attack the people that are precious to me?? Are you fucking kidding?? I was the one who raided her. Do I need to remind you, almost all the people that raided her ended up staying because they liked her?? And her numbers kept rising although not one of you knew that we kept in contact for months after that." He said it all in a low stern voice.

I tried to compose myself because I had to say something. Whether to end the stream or something. But Dream wasn't finished

"Mind you fucking assholes, I stayed in contact with her because she was that good and I loved talking to her. So, what the fuck is going through your pea sized brains?"

George decided to join, obviously tuning into my stream to see what was going on. "You all are dumb. Where did you even come from? Marceline is our close friend. And we all love her. So before giving her false shit, just know that attacking someone precious to us is not what a fan does."

Sheesh. My heart started beating again.

"You are all fucking ridiculous. There is a reason why we are close friends with Marcy. And that's because she's funny, caring, has skills, supportive, friendly, nice, probably beautiful even." Sapnap joined

All of them made me feel like crying. My eyes traveled  back to the chat.

Queen MARS DEFENDING TEAM ALIGN.

Natalie89 WTF. Go back to living under the rocks. No one needs you or your opinions

Mikey_the_third I couldn't even get a word in! It's like they came together and spammed whatever nonsense as a way to keep defenders out of the chat! Fucking assholes

Breadlover__ Did they really think they can get away with this? Fuck you lots, Marcy is way above you guys.

_lolaishere_ YOU GOOD BROS?? DO YOU NEED HELP?? A PSYCHIATRIST MAYBE???

MarMarfan as if they could even come near being like Marcy. Jealous as fuck bitches.

Lil.Bean Vouch. I bet more than half of them are 14 years olds, that think Dream is their property.

Tallkid Marcy, don't listen to them!

Jenggasucks_32 They are just salty. We all love you<3!

Avacadospeaks Marcy, we all love you. These bitches are just typical trash talker hiding behind the screens trying to somehow get 2 seconds of fame.

Marcelinesimp GTFO. YOUR MUM IS EATING SHIT AT HOW DISAPPOINTED SHE IS OF YOU LOT!

Cc_Bee We love you Marcy! Don't let them get to you. You are strong!

Catherinwastaken Yeah, I was one of the people that came to Marcy's stream when dream decided to raid. But honestly, she is funny and nice and I loved her at the very first. I immediately subscribed. I bet that almost all of the people that raided with me felt that way because they stayed like me'

My heart filled up.

"Marcy? Please talk to us." Sapnap called

I finally gathered enough courage and spoke "Thank you guys- I don't know what I'd do without you."

My voice was weak but I had to finish what I wanted to say.

"Thank you everyone that is defending me, I love you all too. You guys make me feel so loved and supported that my heart fills up and I thank god that I started streaming even though it was purely for a challenge."

I chuckled trying to ease the heavy air for a little.

"And Dream. George. Sapnap." I took a breath "Thank you. I honestly don't know where I'd be if it weren't for you guys. I love you guys. I appreciate you guys. And it might be too much of me, but I wish that we are close forever."

I laugh at the cringe and so does George and Sapnap.

Dream was smiling, I could tell from his voice when he said "We wouldn't have it any other way."

»»——⍟——««

[Author]   ISTG I JUST SAW SOMEONE ADD MY STORY TO A READING LIST NAMED 'Update plss' And so this chapter is here rn because of them <33.

Ngl, it kinda boosted my non existent ego a whole lot. I mean at least it's some confirmation that someone actually likes the story </3 

You lot won't even comment whether it's good or bad. So I was starting to think I suck at this. 

But anywayss, Hope you liked the chap! Love you! [Even though you all are practically ghosts]

»»——⍟——««