(24) Twenty-four

Chapter 24

Phoebe —

Paris has been absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for forcing me to go. I honestly can't believe that just three months ago, Nathan was nothing but a name. Now it is everything.

Today was my last day in Paris. I fly out tomorrow morning. Nathan and I spent the day in the graveyard, having a picnic and just enjoying our time together. It was amazing, but the best part came at the end of the day after he walked me home.

HE'S MOVING TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said there's nothing left for him in Paris and he's always wanted to live in America, so he's coming to college in Seattle. I can't wait for you two to meet; you're going to absolutely love him.

He's not coming back with me tomorrow; he's staying a week later to just hang out with his family and stuff. So I have a whole week to tell you every single detail of our relationship.

I know why Nathan goes to the airport every week. I cried when he told me the story (btw I'm really sensitive, now that I'm in love I cry at everything).

When Nathan was five, his family went to the airport to leave for a family holiday to Spain. Nathan's twin sister wanted to watch the planes take off, but his mom said no. Nathan distracted her and his sister gave his hand a squeeze and whispered 'I'll be back, I promise."

She never came back.

Nathan returns to the airport every week in hopes that she'll somehow keep her promise.

I'm sorry, I'm crying right now. He's just had so much pain in his life and the fact that he still goes around with a smile on his face is something I can't even fathom. He is incredibly strong and I love him with all my heart. I will never do anything to hurt him.

Okay, I need to think happy thoughts.

All right, I'm better now.

Oh, Kylie is acting like I don't exist. It's hilarious. She won't even look at me. When we came home Nathan and I walked into my aunt's house holding hands and Kylie's eyes got all wide and she looked like she was about to explode.

Nathan took one look at her, shook his head, and said 'Don't you dare say a word. I may not have stood up for myself these past few months, but I will stand up for Cathreese. So don't tempt me.'

It was the cutest thing ever. He is honestly perfect. I can't believe he's mine. I kept thinking that this has been one huge dream and I'm going to wake up in my bed, crying over Caiden. Nathan keeps insisting it's real, but I still have my doubts. Amazing things like this never happen to me. But even if it is just a dream, this summer is still the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Anyway,

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN PHOEBS!!! I FREAKIN' MISS YOU!!!!

If your butt is not at the airport tomorrow morning you will be sorry.

Can't wait to see your pretty face.

Love ya like leprechauns love gold,

Cathreese