(22) Twenty-two

Phoebe

Well it’s finally happened. Nathan and I are a couple. It happened when we went to church of Joan of Arc. We ended up locking lips instead. Because of this I don’t have the gift of talking, but I do have the most amazing boyfriend ever.

Being with Nathan is nothing like being with Caiden. With Caiden I never knew where I stood, I never knew if it was okay to kiss or hug him. Now I don’t have to worry about anything. Nathan is always wrapping his arms around me and when we kiss he keeps his eyes closed for a few seconds afterwards cause he says he wants to brand every touch into his memory. He is always telling me how amazing I am, and that I’m pretty, and that he doesn’t know what he did to deserve me. He is the sweetest person ever and so freakin’ adorable that sometimes I have to pinch myself because I’m afraid I’m dreaming.

Like that the other day for example.

We’ve been at his grandparent’s house in Orleans for three days and yesterday I woke up to find him missing (we’re together in the guest bedroom even though he refuses to sleep in the same bed with me and insists on staying on the floor). Anyway I didn’t know what to do without him so I found a book in the top drawer of the bedside table and I decided to read. For some reason I’m still not completely sure about, I decided to sit on the floor and read instead of staying in the bed. So I was sitting crossed legged on the floor when Nathan finally came back. He held out his hand to help me out and I noticed that it was his left hand, which was weird (Nathan’s ambidextrous and he usually helps me up with his right hand because it’s easier for me). But I took his left hand without commenting and as he tugged me to my feet I felt something slip onto my ring finger. It was a Trinity de Cartier ring. Nathan said he wanted to whole world to know I was taken, so no one would steal his girl. It was just the cutest thing ever.

Tonight we are crashing a family reunion party. Yes you read that right. Me, miss goodie two shoes, is crashing a party. I’m afraid of getting caught, but Nathan says even if we do get caught he doubts they’ll do anything to us. He says they will probably be excited to have more people to party with.

We overhead an American woman and her daughters talking about it when we were out to lunch yesterday and Niall said it sounded like a fun time. So we are making an appearance. Wish us luck.

I’m sorry to hear that you and Mr. Sexy broke up. He wasn’t right for you anyway.

Love ya like Swiss people love cheese,

Cathreese

***                                                                                                                                                                              

***

“You look really pretty tonight love.”

“Thanks Natey,” Cathreese fluffed her bouncy curls and slipped her feet into a pair of bright blue heels. They had gone shopping that afternoon so they would look like they fit in at the party. Cathreese was wearing the white dress Nathan had bought her and she had fancied it up with heels, some jewelry, and lipstick. Nathan was also wearing his outfit from Normandy, but this time he had on a tie. “I can’t believe you’re making me do this.”

Nathan laughed, “It will be a blast. Don’t worry about it. Nothing’s going to happen.”

“But why? Why are we doing this?”

“Honestly?” Nathan ran a hand though his thick blonde hair, causing it to look artfully tousled. “I’ve always wanted to crash something, and this sounded as good as anything.”

Cathreese rolled her eyes, but couldn’t keep the smile off her face. Life with Nathan was certainly never boring.

“Remember, this is just like the tour group thing. Act like you belong and make an impression on someone. You heard the girls at lunch, they don’t know half the people who are going to be at this thing. So it’s not like people are going to realize right away that we aren’t part of their family. Find someone who seems to be on the outskirts and latch onto them. We’ll be fine.”

Cathreese laughed as Nathan lead her out of the house, “You’ve put a lot of thought into this.”

He gave her a cheeky smile and his eyes flashed playfully, “I told you I’ve always wanted to crash a party.”