un

❝Paris is always a good idea.❝

— Audrey Hepburn

.

.

.

"Thanks," Cathreese gave him a weak smile as she felt all her resistance to him melting. "I guess that kinda ruined my dramatic exit, didn't it."

He laughed his amazing laugh, his face flushing slightly as he trained his eyes on Cathreese.

     A harried looking man with a briefcase bumped into Cathreese at that moment and she stumbled. Nathaniel caught her by the arms and steadied her, "You alright?"

She nodded and stepped out of his grasp, "Yeah I'm fine."

He pointed to a bench a little ways down the sidewalk, "Maybe we should sit down so you don't get run over."

"Okay," Cathreese reached for her bags but he had already picked them up." I can do it," she held out her hand.

Nathaniel shook his head, "No you don't. I've got it."

"Very chivalrous, aren't you." Cathreese grinned; Nathaniel was definitely growing on her.

"Well you know how I do," he shrugged and started walking towards the bench.

     She sat down and he sat down next to her, far enough so it wasn't awkward but close enough that Cathreese's heart was pounding in a way it hadn't for a while.

"So do I get to know your name?" he asked, looking at her shyly. "Something tells me it's not 'out of here.'"

She laughed, "Sorry for being so rude. I feel bad about it now."

"Sure you do," Nathaniel teased.

"Cathreese."

"Cathreese," he repeated with a grin. "I like it. It's unique."

"Don't tell me, tell my mom. I didn't name myself." Cathreese hated her name. Her mom had picked it because she always craved the chocolate, Reese, when she was pregnant with her. Her father ,on the other hand, wanted to name her Catherine in honor of my late grandmother. Since they both can't decide which of the two they will name her, they decided to amalgamate it.

He laughed again. She liked making him laugh.

"Well when I meet your mum the first thing I'm going to say to her is that she picked a very pretty name that suits her very pretty daughter perfectly." His eyes fell on her silken ringlets, "De toute beauté. You have pretty hair like a rose."

     Cathreese felt a blush warming her cheeks. He had called her pretty. Her ex had only ever called her hot. Pretty was so much nicer.

"Was it okay that I said that?" he asked, concern in his deep blue eyes.

"Yeah it was fine," she blushed again.

"Good." Nathaniel gave a satisfied nod and leaned back on the bench, casually throwing both his arms behind them.

     Cathreese decided to ignore this gesture; he wasn't touching her in any way so there was nothing she could tell him off for. If he wanted to stretch his arms that was his business. She searched the parking lot, looking for her aunt's familiar face. It was still nowhere to be found.

"So where are you from?" Nathaniel asked. "And who are you looking for?"

"America and my aunt."

"Have you ever been to Paris before?"

She shook her head.

"Well if you need..."

"Reeeeeseee!" a voice screamed, and a middle age woman came running at them, a huge smile on her face.

"Aunt Olivia!" She jumped up and threw her arms around the slim, dark haired lady. "I'm so glad you're letting me spend the summer with you. Thank you so much."

The woman laughed, squeezing her back. "You know you're welcome here anytime dear. Anytime at all."

"Kylie!" Cathreese wrapped her arms around her cousin, who had been slowly trailing behind Aunt Olivia. The dark haired beauty was just as stunning as Cathreese had remembered, but she didn't seem as happy to see Cathreese as she had when they visited Seattle last July. Cathreese pulled away when she felt how stiff Kylie was in her embrace.

"Ky..." her voice trailed off as she followed Kylie's eyes to Nathaniel, who now looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Umm hi Mrs. Montgomery. How are you doing today?"

"Nathan dear, it's been too long. You must come visit someday, I miss seeing your smiling face in my kitchen." Aunt Olivia dropped a kiss on his cheek. "How are you?"

"I've been alright, thanks. And I'll come visit. If it's okay."

"Good, good, good." Aunt Olivia clapped. "Reese are these your bags over here with Nathan?"

Cathreese nodded; a confused look on her face.

"Nathan hon why don't you be a doll and carry Reese's bags to the car for me. We can give you a ride home if you need one."

"Sure, thanks Mrs. M. I appreciate it."

     As they all head to the car, Cathreese couldn't help but notice that Kylie had yet to take her eyes off of Nathaniel. And from the look on her face she was not one bit happy with him.

F R E N C H  L E X I C O N S :

  •  de toute beauté - beautiful

C H A R A C T E R   L I S T :

•  Holland Roden as Cathreese

•  Colton Haynes as Nathaniel

Aside from the fact that Colton is hot, I chose both of them because I really ship them. Fave OTP forever! 

 Enjoy lovelies! :)

- C o o k i  e