(13) Thirteen

Chapter 13

While Nathan was taking the world’s longest shower Cathreese decided to drop an email to Phoebe.

Hey Phoebs – glad to hear that LA is going well. And yeah I agree, that guy you sent a pic of is definitely sexy. I can’t believe you got asked to be an extra in a movie, that is so cool! We are definitely going to have the most amazing movie night ever when it comes to DVD.

The ‘French hottie’ says he finds that nickname degrading and asks that you don’t call him it again (I didn’t realize he was reading over my shoulder the other day, thank god he didn’t see anything more than that.)

Want a play by play of my week so far? Well you’re getting it whether you want it or not.

On Tuesday we went to the zoo. Nathan spent an hour making faces at the monkeys, told me the hippos looked harmless, and tried to maneuver the zoo using echolocation after we visited the bat house, but stopped when he ran into a pole and gave himself a fat lip. Overall, it was a lot of fun.

Don’t ask if you’re allowed to run with the wolves though, cause the zookeepers keep a close eye on you until you leave the exhibit just to make sure you’re not serious.

The next day I learned a few things. One, never put Nathan in charge of the map. And two, sometimes you have to see less to see more.

I don’t really know if that makes sense to you, but I’m trying to say that if you have an itinerary, a plan to see all these touristy places, then you are going to miss out on the things that really make the place. You have to just go with the flow, just walk around and eventually you will find what you were looking for. But on the journey you will see so much more. (I’ll attach some of the pics we took to this email).

Oh and we got removed from the museum by security cause we ruined their plants. I felt so bad. Not bad in a ‘oh no we ruined the grass’ type of way (even thought that was true) but, like, sexy bad. Like a rebel.

Truth or dare may by the most annoying and informative game ever. Last night I learned that Nathan has only ever kissed one girl (Kylie obvs), thinks his mum is the most amazing person on this planet, and is terrified of being murdered by a clown.

I also learned that daring him to juggle knives is a terrible idea because he will do it. Luckily he had quick reflexes and the blade pierced the linoleum in the kitchen instead of his foot.

Today was the funnest day of my life. Yes, I do know that funnest isn’t an actual word, but it fits perfectly. We went swimming today and had an absolute blast. We had contests to see who could hold their breath the longest, swam until our arms ached, and attempted to tan even though there wasn’t a ray of sun to be seen all day.

Nathan's in the shower now, trying to thaw out and I’m wrapped in four heavy blankets. The water was a bit chilly.

We’re still at his cousin’s house and will be here until Monday I’m guessing. Nathan hasn’t said anything, but I know that he will probably be going to the airport this weekend. I don’t know if he’ll take me with him because his intentions there remain a secret, but I’m not going to bring it up just yet. I’m having too much fun at the moment to care.