Chapter 6

In no time Soos grew on Isabel. She liked his sweet innocents and how he liked helping even if he didn't know what he was doing. When Isabel was at the shack and not busy she'd try helping him with the maintenance he did.

Today was a slow day so they weren't busy. Isabel and Soos Decided to play a video game in the front of the shop. So they set up the tv Soos salvaged and they worked together fixing and then hooked up Soos's PlayStation he brought that day. Isabel was taking her turn playing Soos's new Crash Bandicoot game when Stan walk into the gift shop seeing them.

"You kids better be working next time I come back here," Stan said as he walked through disapprovingly. Stopping seeing Gompers on Isabel's lap "Also I've told you before Bella. The goat stays outside during business hours."
"It's fine his not hurting anything are you boy?" She pets his head as he bleats "Aw man how'd I die again?"

"You forgot to jump again," Soos replied
"Don't get smart with me young lady, you're setting a bad example for Soos. Put him outside now before he eats my merchandise again."
Isabel groans looking over Stan then sighs "Okay, okay, I put him in my room. Here Soos" She stands up handing him the controller the picks up Gomper "I don't get why he can't stay down here. I had an eye on him." She grumbles carrying Gompers to her room

~2012

Isabel sits outside the Mystery Shack brushing pine needles and burs out of Gompers fur. "I don't get how you got so many of these stuck in your fur, so fast Gompers. I just brushed you this morning."
Gompers bleats in response nudging her. Isabel chuckles push him gently "Hold still boy. I'm not done yet." She starts to laugh as he nuzzles her "Woah, easy boy. not the hair."
"Bella, you do realize you're talking to a goat?" Her uncle asks behind her
"I know, but Gompers is more than just a goat."
Stan sighs pinching the brim of his nose "I will never understand you an' your affection towards that goat."
"Aw, come on, what's not to love about him." Isabel paused hugging Gompers "He's adorable." She smiles as Gompers chews on her shirt sleeve
There's an awkward moment of silence then Stan coughs "Anyway, here." he tosses a set of keys to her "Your cousin's bus is due to arrive in thirty minutes."
"Oh, that was today?"
"Yes, now go get them and try not to hit any pedestrians or do. I don't care." He grunts before walking toward the shack
Isabel sighed getting up "Alright, I'll be back Gompers."
Gompers bleats running off. Isabel chuckles 'Crazy goat'

~

Isabel sees what seems to be Soos examining the mystery cart
"Hey, Soos is something wrong?" She asks coming closer noticing a toolbox
"Oh hey, Bella!" Soos turns to face her "Na Dude, I was just checking on something Mr. Pine wanted me to."
"So can I take it out then I've got to go pick up my cousins?"
"Your Cousins?"
"Yeah, they're staying for their summer break."
"Well, if they're anything like you and Mr. Pines. They'll be awesome."
Isabel chuckled getting into the cart "Aw thanks, Soos."

~

After twenty minutes of waiting the bus finally arrives. Isabel stays watches as two kids get off the bus
"Dipper, Mabel," she calls to them
"That's us who are you?"
"Isabel Pines, it's nice to finally meet you two. You'll be standing with me and my dad for the summer. Let's get your things in the cart." She helps the twins load their stuff "So what do you kids think about hiking or camping?"
"We're more indoor kids."
"Not out here you aren't! That won't do. There's so much natural beauty to explore, and plenty of unusual plants and animals that are only particular to this area I think you kids might like to see."

~

After showing the kids around the gift shop and the downstairs Isabel take them up to where they were staying.
"And this is where you kids will be staying."
"The attic?"
"Yeah, sorry kids but this is the only place left for you two to stay."
Dipper looks around the room the comes face to face with Gompers "There's a goat on my bed."
"Hello, friend." Mabel greets walking up to Gompers
Gompers bites Mabel's sleeve and begins chewing it. She just laughs "Yes you can keep chewing on my sweater!"
"Gompers no," Isabel grabs him gently taking him away "I'm sorry about him. I hope he didn't ruin your sweater honey."
"It's fine." Mabel widely smiles at her
"Alright, I'll let you kids staled in." Isabel smiles closing the door behind her