Chapter 10

"Morning kids." Isabel greets as the twins walk into the kitchen
"Morning Bella." Dipper and Mabel greet together seating at the table
Isabel shakes her head chuckling "I'll never get used to that." She remarks grabbing eggs out of the fridge "So What do you two want for breakfast?"
"Pancakes!" they shout together
Isabel chuckled grabbing some other necessary ingredients "Anything you want in the pancakes?"
"Chocolate chips!"
"Yeah, lots of them!"
"All right chocolate chips it is." she turns to the coffee maker turning it on "Alright you two get out what you want on top of your pancakes. I need to go wake Stan," she says leaving the kitchen

~

"Hey, Bella do you know of any creature in gravity falls?" Dipper asks as she walks back into the kitchen
"Uh, just those gnomes I think." She lies started mixing pancake ingredients "Why'd you ask?"
"There this thing in this magazine." He folds it and holds it out for her "See?"
"A human-size hampster ball. That sounds more like Mabel's thing." She comments then continues mixing the pancake batter
"What? Oh, wrong one this is what I meant." He turns it around to show a monster photo contest "I want to enter this contest."
She looks at it for a moment "Well, Later we can look through some photos I've taken of the forest maybe you'll get lucky."
"Really, thanks, Bella."
"Yeah sure, but I doubt you'll find anything. There mostly pictures of plants and animals I've encountered my many trips in the forest."

~

"Good morning, knuckleheads." Stan greets the three walking in then smiled to the twins "You two know what day it is?"
"Um... Happy anniversary?"
"Mazel tov!"
Stan hits Dipper's head with a newspaper "It's Family Fun Day, genius!" He walks over to the fridge and gets out milk "We're cuttin' off work and having one of those, you know," he sniffs milk in the refrigerator before drinking some "bonding-type deals."

Isabel looks questioningly at Stan as Dipper asks "Grunkle Stan, is this gonna be anything like our last family bonding day?"
"The county jail was so cold." Mabel shudders
"Yeah, that was not the greatest idea. please don't do that again. I don't think I have any more ideas on why you were making fake money again."
"All right, all right, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker. But I swear, today we're gonna have some real family fun." Stan says walking behind the twins "Now, who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into"
Dipper and Mabel raise their arm happily "YAY!" they shout together then Dipper lowers his arm confused at what he said "Wait, what?"
"Eat first, surprise after," Isabel says setting plates on the table

~

After they were done eating the kids ran out of the kitchen to Stan's car to wait.
"Have fun. Where you taking the kids anyway?" Isabel asks gathering the dishes
"I'm taking them to the lake figured I'd show them my fishing skills. Are you sure you don't want to come?"
Isabel waved her hand "Yeah, I need to work more on the portal anyway. Besides you need more bonding time with the kids so you have fun."
Stan rolls his eyes "uh hu, whatever you say sweet pea. Just don't burn down the shack again alright" he comments before leaving the kitchen
"I was Ten!" Isabel Sighed "Alight looks like we have the whole place to ourselves, Gompers." She looks over to Gompers "What do you think?"
Gompers looks up at her then bleats
"Your right to the basement." she chuckles