Chapter 3

"Mr. Pines, I'm sure you know why you are here." Mr.Jackson said as Stan entered the office
"What did Bella do this time?"
"Mr. Pines, your daughter's behavior is getting out of hand. This isn't the first time I've had to call you about it either. I'm sure you're aware of the disturbance she makes with her pranks and the wild animals she brings into class. Not to mention She has tried getting other students to follow her into the forest to see these so-called monster friends she claims lives around there. So with this kind of behavior, Isabel's teacher and I feel she needs to see a therapist."
"Therapist my daughter doesn't need to see a shrink. She's perfectly fine." Stan said a little miffed
"Mr.Pines I know this isn't easy to hear. But it also can't be easy for Isabel growing up in your...situation."
"If you're worried about her living in the Mystery Shack she knows it's all for show, she's not actually in danger."
"Of course, I understand that but still it must be difficult being a single parent, even under the best of circumstances. Please take this card, Dr. Smith comes highly recommended."
Stan accepted it. Though he still felt Isabel didn't need to see a shrink. "Is that all?"
"Yes sir."
"Thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, my daughter's waiting outside, it's high time I get her home."
"Of course, have a good day."
Stan left the principal's office and saw Isabel sitting, reading her favorite sci-fi book. This made Stan smiles at how much she remind him of Ford. Isabel closes her book hearing the footsteps.
She looks over to him and smiles "So did you give him a piece of your mind?" she asked brightly jumping off the chair.
"Sure did, sweetheart." Stan grabs her hand as they walked out of the school. "But you need to be more careful, you can't keep getting into trouble like this. Your principal wants me to take you to a shrink. They're worried about you acting out so much."

~

"Uncle Stanley, what do you know about woolly bear caterpillars?" Isabel asked
"Nothing other than they can be found around here, why do ask?"
"I just wanted to know seeing how I have Fuzzy now."
"Fuzzy?"
"Uh hu," she smiles pulling out a jar that contains a caterpillar
"Isabel Pines where on earth did you get that!?"
"Homeroom, That jerk Collins and his dumb friends was going to squish him. So tackle him and save the little guy. Do you think Chipper will like him? Do squirrels eat caterpillars?"
"Now Sweet pea you know we've talked about you having more pets. You've got Chipper."
"I know but, but, I'll take care of Fuzzy! I promise I'll feed him, and I promise you won't notice he's in the house!"
"I know you would, honey. But, you got enough responsibility with Chipper. Besides I'm sure Fuzzy has a family too. What if they're another caterpillar's kid?"
Isabel frowned looking at the jar thinking about it "I hadn't thought about that. I'd be awfully sad if we were ever parted. He's not like Chipper. Alright, I let him out at home."

~

"Hello, Isabel. Please have seat." Dr.Smith gestures towards the closest chair across her desk "I'm sure you know why you're here."
"Yeah, my school thinks I'm crazy. Which I'm not I'll have you know."
"No one saying your crazy Isabel. The people in your life just think a girl your age shouldn't be acting out this much."
"So what if I'm twelve, that has nothing to the way I behave." Isabel sits back crossing her arms
"Well, your here to talk so let talk." Dr.Smith smiles