Chapter 8

Isabel pulls out a map of the forest with a bunch of X's on it. "Now if my calculations are correct I should find them today. Then again after nineteen years of searching I should've had them by now." she sighed "Maybe I've wasted years of searching for nothing. For all, we know there not even in the forest."
  She sits on a nearby falling tree rubbing her face "I don't know what do you think Gompers?" she moves her hands from her face looking around when she didn't hear him bleat "Gompers? Gompers?!" She shakes her head getting up " I should have known you'd wander off."

~

Isabel sighs walking into the gift shop. She walks past Stan as he's counting the day's earnings stopping seeing her. "Still no luck, sweet pea?"
  "No!" Isabel slightly shouts then Groans laying her head on counter 
  "That bad huh?"
  Isabel sighed look up "I don't get what I've been doing wrong. I've searched just about everywhere in that forest. I still haven't found even a trace of those journals or dad."
  "Bella honey why don't you take a break," Stan suggests putting the money in his suit pocket
  "Maybe I could. I mean tours will be amping up soon; but I do want to try a few more times."
"You do what you need to do." He says walking out of the gift shop 

~

  Dipper sits down in Stan's chair and begins to read the Journal he found earlier as Stan and Isabel walk by stopping when they see him. 
   "What'cha reading there, slick?"Stan asks seeing that Dipper is holding something
Dipper nervously throws the book under the seat cushion and grabs a random magazine "Oh! I was just catching up on, uh..." He looks at the cover of it "gold chains for old men magazine?"
  "That's a good issue."
  Isabel rolls her eyes, opening her mouth to say something; But stops as Mabel walks in with a strange boy "Hey, family! Say hello to my new boyfriend!"
  "'Sup?" the boy greets
  "Hey..."
  "Hello?" Isabel looked at the boy trying to figure out if she knew him
  "How's it hanging?"
  "We met at the cemetery. He's really deep." Mabel says Feeling the boy's arm "Oh. Little muscle there. That's...what a surprise..."
  "So, what's your name?"
  "Uh. Normal... MAN!
  "He means Norman."
Are you bleeding, Norman?" Dipper asked pointing to the red liquid dripping down his face
  "It's jam!"
  Mabel gasps then smile "I love jam! Look. At. This!"
   "So, you wanna go hold hands or... whatever?"
   "Oh, oh, my goodness." She giggles "Don't wait up!" she tells them before running out
  Norman points at the three then runs into the wall several times on his way out
  "Bella, sweet pea you alright?" Stan asks seeing the perplexed look on her face 
  She absently waves her hand  "I'm fine if you need me I'll be in my room." 

~

  Isabel sits on her bed brushing Gompers fur "it's strange this Norman seems oddly familiar. I can't place a finger on it."
  Gompers bleats
  "I am not being paranoid. It's just out of everyone in this town I known the danger of the forest the most. Then again I'm probably over think again. I'm sure this Norman is a normal teenager Mabel just meet in the cemetery."
  Suddenly she hears a shout realizing it Dipper
  Isabel looked up at the ceiling  "Zombies? Dipper must be read some weird book." she shakes her head continuing to brush Gompers "You know he reminds me of dad from uncle Stanley's stories."
  Gompers bleats 
  Isabel chuckles reaching behind her to grab some of the granola blend she made and has stashed in her room eating some "You know Uncle Stanley right" she begins while offering Gompers some oats "I do look crazy talking to you." she sighs watching Gompers "I need friends."

~

  As the days went on Isabel forgot about the strange boy Mabel introduced them to. She also decided to try a few more times searching for the two missing journals. once while walking she notices Dipper and Mabel coming in the mystery cart.
"Mabel? Dipper?" she shouts getting their attention
"Bella?"
"What are you two doing!?"
"We can explain later!"

  Isabel looks behind the cart to see a giant creature coming closer. She jumps in the back still confused about the situation
  "It's getting closer!" Mabel shouts pointing behind them
  With that Dipper drives the cart away just as the creature smashes their arm down and it breaks reveling to be Gnomes 
  "What's going on?!"
  Before either twin could answer several gnomes are Thrown at the cart. The Gnomes Chew cart. A gnome pops beside Mabel and she elbow punches him off herself. Shmebulock the gnome jump onto Isabel.
  "Sorry little guy." She whispers before throwing him off the cart 
 A Gnome jumps into the cart and claws Dipper's face.
  "I'll save you, Dipper!" Mabel shouts then Repeatedly punches the gnome off of Dipper's face and the gnome falls off with Dipper's hat 
  "Thanks, Mabel..." Dipper says a little Dazed from the punches
  "Don't mention it."
  Just then the Gnome Giant picks up a tree and throws it. It goes over the cart landing in front of them.
  "Look out!" Mabel shouts pointing to the tree now in front of them
  The three scream as the cart overturns, landing next to the Mystery Shack