Chapter 4

While the year seems to fly, Isabel tried constantly the older she got to get her uncle to let her help him with the portal. Every time he would tell her she was either too young or that she needed to focus more on school. While her academics seem to rise, she noticed that she still has a hard time making any friends only ever making one or two.

As for Stan, he's happy to watch Isabel grow wishing his brother could see it himself. He worried about her trouble with making friends and her constantly going into the forest. The more she grew the more adventures she wanted to do. Which worries Stan knowing what lurks out there.

~

Isabel walked into a clearing looking around before shouting "Hey, guys I brought another pie." she says unwrapping a pie tin
A group of gnomes scattered out of the bushes "Great, reliable as always Isabel." The head gnome says then tries to grab the pie but Isabel pulls it back
"What's the big deal"
"This one will cost you and now I know I normally do this for free but I need information" Isabel explained
"What kind of information?"
"This man have you seen him before." She pulls out a picture of her dad and uncle she 'borrowed' then pulls out journal one she happen to also borrow "Perhaps carrying one of these."

~

After no luck in the forest, Isabel tries to sneak into the gift shop figuring since tours are over her uncle would be busy in the basement or already sleeping to notice her coming in. She freezes in place hearing her uncle's voice "Isabel Alexzander Pines, where have you been!?"
"Um, Hi, uncle Stan."
"Don't hi uncle Stan me. is there something you want to tell me?"
Isabel doesn't answer backing away from him. Stan could see she was hiding something behind her back. He shook his head, he thought he had taught her better. She shouldn't be so obvious. He walked over and grabbed what she was hiding from behind her back.
"Hey!"
"Really Bella, if your going to steal something. You should hide it better" he says putting the journal in his jacket
"I didn't steal it I was going to put it back. I needed it."
"I thought we were a team. That means If there was something you wanted to talk about, you could trust me enough and we'd tackle this together. If you're going to hide things from me, maybe you really aren't ready for this yet."
She looks down "I just want to help so I asked around the forest about dad and his books."
"Bella I told you to stay out of those woods that place is too dangerous."
"This is why I didn't tell you because I knew you'd say no and be upset, it's not. Besides, I have friends in there and I know the ones to avoid."
Stan sighed pinching the brim of his nose "We'll talk about this more tomorrow. Go to bed, honey it's late. "
"NO! I'm not going anywhere! I'm not a child anymore! Why wouldn't you let me help with bringing dad back, his my family too."
"I know he is." Stan sighed "We will talk about it in the morning."he said walking towards the basement
Isabel nodded and started towards the stairs to her room, upset but knew she wasn't going to get anywhere arguing.

~
Isabel had a surprise at breakfast the next morning "Wait, you mean I can go back."
"I thought about it and I'll alone allow it if you follow two rules. One you tell whenever you leave and two you be home before dark got it. You break either I'll reconsider this understand."
Isabel smiles nodding "I understand."