Chapter 2

Omniscient

Amari King scrolled through his Iphone 11 Pro Max while his three year old daughter, Kenzie King played on the playground. It was a hot summer day in California, a perfect day for taking a child to the park.

Although Kenzie was enjoying herself Amari was ready to go. It was hot and the sun was shining directly on his chocolate skin. He was already dark enough, he wasn't trying to get any darker. (Y'all I'm not a colorist. I'm darkskin myself and I love dark complexions, it's just a joke. 😂) Amari stood up and began making his way onto the playground.

"Kenzie!" Kenzie stopped playing and made her way over to her father.

"Yes?"

"You want to go get some ice cream?" He questioned, already knowing the answer. Ice cream was her favorite.

"Yes!" She exclaimed.

Amari grabbed her hand and they began making their way to his black 2016 Ford Fusion. He unlocked the doors and made sure Kenzie was in the car safe before getting in.

"Can you play Lil Baby?" Kenzie questioned.

"What you know about Lil Baby?" Amari questioned with a laugh.

"You and mommy always play him."

"What song you want to hear?" Kenzie shrugged her shoulders, it didn't matter to her.

Amari decided to play Freestyle, Kenzie seemed to love that song by him. Kenzie began rapping along to Lil Baby, shutting her mouth when the curse words came up. Amari and Kenzie's mom allowed her to listen to rap music as long as she didn't develop a habit of cursing.

When Amari and Kenzie arrived to the ice cream shop they got out and headed inside. The ice cream shop was pretty busy since it was a Saturday afternoon.

"What kind of ice cream you want?" Amari questioned Kenzie.

"Vanilla."

"You so basic." Amari joked.

"No you basic." Kenzie responded, placing her hand on her little hip. Amari picked her up and began tickling her.

"Stop." Kenzie laughed.

"I'm still basic?" Amari questioned, tickling her even more.

"No!" Kenzie shouted out of breath from laughing.

"That's what I thought." Amari placed her back down onto the floor.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" The employee questioned Amari.

"Tell her what you want pretty girl."

"Can I get vanilla ice cream?" Kenzie questioned.

"What size would you like?"

"Large!"

"Medium." Amari interjected, she was not about to get all of that ice cream, the medium was already pushing it. "And let me get a medium cup of cookies and cream."

The employee nodded, beginning to make the ice cream. When she was done making the ice cream cups she gave them to Amari. Amari then headed over to pay for them.

When Amari was done paying he grabbed some napkins and some spoons. He and Kenzie then headed outside to an empty table.

"Don't get none on your shirt alright." Kenzie nodded her head and began eating her ice cream.

Before he could get it out of his mouth good, Kenzie had dropped some ice cream on her shirt. He shook his head, it was all over her mouth too.

"Come here." Kenzie jumped out of her chair and went over to her father. He wiped her mouth and shirt clean, leaving both of them sticky. He was going to have to wet the napkin with some water when they got in the car.