Chapter 13

Omniscient

Ariana and Amari sat on the beach at her sister's wedding ceremony. Her and her husband were exchanging their vows while Amari struggled to stay awake. In his opinion, wedding ceremonies were boring. He liked the reception where everyone turned up. He was hoping the reception was going to be as fun as the one's he had been to, her family looked a little stuck up so he wouldn't be surprised if it were boring.

Amari pulled out his phone and began texting to stay awake. Ariana looked over at him and sucked her teeth but he didn't give a damn. It was either that or he was going to fall asleep.

Once the ceremony was finally over her sister and the wedding party stayed to take photos on the beach. Everyone else headed to the hotel that was located on the beach. The reception was being held in the ballroom there. When they entered the ballroom it was gorgeous. There were olive green and nude decorations everywhere. Her sister had chosen those two colors because olive green was her favorite color.

Ariana and Amari took a seat at the table that had their names on it. Autumn had everyone's names on place cards.

"I didn't get to tell you earlier, but you look good in that dress." Amari whispered in Ariana's ear. Ariana blushed, brushing her 28 inch body wave wig behind her ear. He loved when she had her long hair in, especially with the side part. Her natural hair was nice too, but Amari loved the long hair on her.

"Thank you." She blushed. Ariana had on a satin olive green dress with a light face of makeup.

"You welcome." Amari continued to look at her.

"Stop looking at me." Ariana blushed harder.

"I'm sorry, you just got a glow."

"I guess I'm just happy." Ariana shrugged. Which she honestly was. It seemed like everything in her life was going great. Her relationship, her career, friendships, hell she'd even been getting along with her mother and sister lately.

"Hm." Amari mumbled, looking down at his phone. Raven had sent him a photo of Kenzie. They were out of town for the weekend visiting Destin, Florida. Amari and Raven were now back talking to each other. They had stopped for a while after Raven had spent the night in jail. She only had to spend one night since the person she'd fought decided not to press charges, which was surprising. Raven had broken the girl's nose from the hard punch she'd thrown. They'd been fighting because the girl had bumped Raven in the club and it had escalated from there.

"Look at Kenzie." Amari showed Ariana the photo of Kenzie in the ocean. She had on a pink bathing suit with a life vest on top of it. She had her hand on her hip, posing in the ocean.

"That is your twin." Ariana shook her head. It was unbelievable how much she looked like Amari. Amari chuckled, loving the picture and locking his phone back.

"I'm going to get something from the bar, you want something?" He questioned. He had noticed the bar when they had first entered the room.

"Yeah."

"What you want?" Amari questioned.

"Surprise me." Amari chuckled, heading over to the bar.

While Amari headed over to the bar Ariana sat looking around at the nicely decorated room. Her phone had died so she had nothing else to do. Her charger had went out on the way to the wedding and it was only on 20 percent. It already had a shortage in it but Ariana had been too lazy to get a new charger.

"Here you go." Amari sat the cocktail down in front of Ariana.

"Thank you." Ariana picked her cocktail glass up and began drinking from it. Whatever he had gotten her was good, it tasted fruity, the alcohol could barely be tasted.