Chapter 17

Omniscient

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Ariana questioned Amari, entering her bedroom. They were supposed to be getting ready for his surprise birthday party that started in an hour.

"I'm going get ready in a minute." Amari was playing his new 2k23 game.

Ariana sucked her teeth. "Get up so we won't be late."

"I told you I'm going to get up."

"Get up now." Ariana turned the tv off from her phone.

"You doing too much man." Amari sucked his teeth.

"Mhm." Ariana mumbled, heading back into the bathroom to continue taking down her pin curls.

Ariana didn't have much more to do. Her makeup was already done since she had gotten it done earlier. She had a full glam face with bold red lipstick. The lipstick color was going to go well with her gold dress she was wearing.

About thirty minutes later Ariana and Amari were in the car and on their way to the venue. Amari was still thinking that they were going to an engagement party and Ariana was hoping to keep it that way.

"You look good as hell in that dress." Amari glanced over at Ariana.

"Thank you." She blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself." She smirked, looking over at him.

"I see you got jokes."

"A few." Ariana laughed.

When they arrived to the venue the two got out and began walking to the door. While walking Amari noticed a white 2010 Lexus IS, the same car as his mothers.

"I'm tripping?" Amari mumbled.

"Huh?" Ariana couldn't hear what he'd said.

"I said am I tripping, that car look just like my mama car."

"Boy, that is not your mama's car." Ariana lied.

"Yeah, I'm tripping." Amari chuckled.

Ariana texted Amari's mother to let her know that they were walking to the door. She texted back a simple okay.

When they entered the building everyone screamed surprise. A big smile came across Amari's face as he turned to Ariana.

"That was my mama car wasn't it?"

"Yeah." Ariana laughed.

Ariana and Amari began making their way around the nicely decorated party. The party was casino themed. There was a poker table, slot machines, and much more. The women were dressed in nice gowns and the men had on nice Tuxedos. It was Ariana's idea to do the theme, Latto's birthday party had inspired her.

"You look so pretty." Ariana complimented Kenzie, picking her up. She had on a pretty black dress and her long pretty hair was in two puffs.

"Thank you." Kenzie smiled. "You look pretty too, I like your hair." Kenzie touched Ariana's curls.

"Thank you pretty girl."

Throughout the night the room was filled with laughter, dancing, and good vibes. Amari was having a ball celebrating his 25th birthday.

Amari was now giving a thank you speech since the party was over. He was a little drunk from the many shots he'd taken throughout the night, but he was still sober enough to speak, or so he thought.

"Thank you all for coming out to celebrate me tonight. It means a lot to me. I haven't saw some of you in God's knows when." Amari chuckled. "I can't believe I'm, 25. I might as well me thirty." Amari began laughing and stumbled. Ariana rushed beside him, trying to take the microphone from him, but he had a tight grip on it.