Chapter 16

Omniscient

Amari and Raven sat a local bakery discussing their plans for Kenzie's spring break. Amari had planned a four-day trip with him, Ariana, and Kenzie. He had invited Raven out so they could discuss it.

"I don't know why you invited me to a bakery, I don't need to gain any more weight." Raven spoke, biting into a cupcake.

"Raven you ain't even gained twenty pounds since I first met you." Amari laughed.

"So, I still gained a little."

"If you say so." Amari mumbled. "But I invited you here because I wanted to tell you about the trip I was going to take Kenzie on for spring break."

"I'm listening."

"We're going to Houston, Texas and we're going to leave Sunday and come back Wednesday evening, so if you want to do something with her the rest of the week you can."

"That sounds fun, is Ariana going?" Raven questioned curiously.

"Yeah."

"Well Houston sounds like a fun place. What are some of the things ya'll are going to do?"

"It's this little thing they got called the Krusty Krab experience and we're going to an NBA game, and we're going do some more stuff."

"Oh she's going to love that." Kenzie liked watching Sponge Bob in the morning times on the weekends.

"Shit she ain't the only one. I used to love Spongebob when I was little." Amari laughed.

Raven laughed. "You're such a big kid."

"That's why Kenzie like me more than your boring ass."

"Not too much now."

Amari laughed. "You going do something with her when I bring her back?"

"Yeah, but we're probably just going to do something here since you're taking her out of town." Amari nodded.

Amari and Raven stayed at the bakery for a few more minutes before heading to meet one of his old childhood friends Koolaid. The two grew up together, they lived right across the street from eachother growing up. Amari's mother never liked Koolaid because she said he was nothing but trouble. Everytime Amari got in any kind of trouble he was with Koolaid. Even though Amari understood where his mother was coming from when she told him to stop hanging with him he didn't.

Koolaid had just gotten out on parole. He had originally gone to jail for robbery and murder. In the murder trial he pled guilty, which reduced his sentence. Koolaid had been robbing people for years, he had just happened to get caught that particular time. Even though Amari didn't agree with his behavior, he still cared for him. He was like the older brother he never had growing up. Koolaid was 31, seven years older than Amari.

When Amari arrived to Koolaid's mother's house he got out, going to knock on the door. While waiting on someone to come open the door he looked across the street to see if his mother was home. He turned his head back around when he saw that she was there. He was going to go see her when he got done visiting Koolaid.

"Who is it?" Koolaid's mother's soft voice questioned.

"Amari." She opened the door, recognizing the name.

"Lord, I haven't seen you in so long." Koolaid's mother, Mrs. Hollis looked at Cain.

"Yeah it's been a while." Cain chuckled.

"Well come on in." Koolaid's mother stood to the side, holding on to her walker. She was a cute old lady, she was brown skin with pretty long gray hair. She kept it straight and in a slick back ponytail. She wore thick glasses, due to her cataracts.