Chapter 23

Omniscient

Ariana, her mother, Autumn, Tasha, Kenzie, and Amari's mother all walked inside of a bridal shop. Today they were shopping for Ariana's reception dress. She was getting her wedding dress custom made and maybe her reception dress if she didn't find any today. They were also shopping for bridesmaid's dresses. Ariana knew in the back of her mind that she was probably going to get all of them made, but she wanted to see if she could find some already made that she liked.

After the store associate greeted them, they were led to the seating area and given champagne. First, they were going to shop for Ariana's dress then they were going to look for the bridesmaids.

"Do you have a particular gown style in mind?" The associate questioned.

"Kind of, I want something that I can move in with a split in it. I also want something that shows a little cleavage but no too much."

"Girl you should have just got that dress made." Tasha commented.

"Shutup." Ariana rolled her eyes.

"Well let's go look at some dresses." Ariana followed the woman.

Ariana picked out two dresses that she wanted to try on. The first one was a beaded scroll and lace mermaid tall wedding dress by Oleg Cassini. The other one was a sheer boned bodice spaghetti strap dress by DB Studio.

Ariana tried on the Olen Cassini dress first since she liked that one the most. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying to figure out if she liked it. It was a pretty dress, she just didn't know if it was for her. Since she couldn't decide, she decided to go ahead and show everyone else the dress.

"What do you think?" Ariana questioned everyone.

"It's nice." Autumn spoke.

"It's cute, but I don't feel like it gives main character energy. Friend what you think?" Tasha turned to Amari's mother. They had been chatting it up while Ariana was looking at dresses.

"It's pretty, do you like it?"

"I don't know."

"If you don't feel like it's 'the dress' don't get it. You shouldn't have to think about if you like it or not." Ariana nodded.

"Kenzie what do you think?"

"It's pretty, can I try on one?" Kenzie questioned excitedly.

"I'll let you try on one after I get finished."

"Okay!"

"Mom?" Ariana's mother looked up from her cell phone. "What do you think about the dress?"

"It's nice." Ariana's mother looked back down at her phone. Ariana rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to try on the other one."

"I'm not trying to be rude, but can you be a little more supportive? When I went wedding dress shopping my mom was very engaged when picking out my dresses and it made me feel so happy." Ariana's mother was irritating Tasha with her stinky attitude.

"I'm being supportive, aren't I here?"

"You're here physically but not mentally. You literally glanced at the dress and looked back down at your phone when she asked for your opinion."

"Hmm." Autumn rolled her eyes at her mother, the woman was just bitter for no reason.

Amari's mom sat quietly, listening. Amari wasn't lying when he said her mother was something else.

Ariana came back out with her second dress on. She already knew in her head she wasn't going to get it. It was pretty, just not her.

"So?" Ariana spun around.