Chapter 18

Omniscient

Amari and Koolaid rode in the car laughing at old memories. Koolaid had gotten himself a new 2022 Chrysler. Amari didn't know how he had gotten it, but that wasn't his business. Unknowingly to Amari, Koolaid was back to his old ways, robbing.

"Did you ever get the job?" Amari questioned.

"Nah, I found something else though."

"Where you work?"

"In the kitchen in the hospital." Koolaid lied.

"Oh, that's what's up."

"Yeah, I ain't going lie though. I than hit a lick or two since I been out." Koolaid chuckled. Amari turned his head towards him.

"Man." Amari shook his head. "You stole this fucking car?" Amari questioned.

"Maybe."

"Pull over, let me out this bitch." Amari was not about to go to jail as an accessory.

"Nah, man just chill."

"Fuck no I'm not about to chill, you stole this fucking car and I'm in it. I got a fucking daughter man I can't go to jail."

"Man just relax."

"Relax? Man-" before Amari could finish his sentence a siren was heard. Amari looked in the rear view mirror, seeing the cop car behind them.

"You got to be fucking kidding me man." Amari threw his head back.

Koolaid pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the cop to approach the car. Amari placed his hands on the dashboard when he saw the white female approach the car.

"Good evening gentlemen."

"Good evening." The two men spoke.

"May I see your license and registration?"

"May I ask why I was pulled over?" Koolaid questioned.

"Because this ain't your damn car." Amari said in his head.

"You were speeding."

"Man, I was doing the speed limit."

"License and registration please." The officer ignored him.

"Here's my license."

"Registration?"

"I don't have it."

"Whose vehicle is this?" The officer questioned.

"My girlfriend's."

"May I ask your girlfriend's name?"

"Does that matter?"

"Yeah."

"Well can't you run the license plate and see for yourself?"

"Sit tight." The officer tapped the car, walking back to her vehicle.

"It's always some shit with you. I should've listened to my fucking mama."

"Man, I told you we straight."

"You think them people ain't reported they car stolen?" Amari questioned sarcastically. "If I go to jail, I'm goin' kill your ass. And that's not a threat either."

"You ain't going kill nobody because ain't nobody going to jail."

"Man, just stop talking to me."

After a few minutes the officer came back to the car. "Both of you step out of the car please."