Chapter 12

Omniscient

"So when am I going to meet your family?" Amari questioned Ariana curiously.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years had all passed and they had spent the holidays with Amari's family. Ariana like Amari's family so she had decided to spend her holidays with them. Her mother had something to say of course, but she didn't care. She was a grown woman and did as she pleased.

Ariana shrugged. "You'll meet them one day." She was scared to introduce him, she didn't need another failed relationship because of her family.

Amari didn't respond, so they laid there in silence. It was a Monday night and Ariana had spent the night over Amari's house. They had began spending the night at each other's houses on a regular. Some nights Ariana would spend the night at his, some he would spend the night at hers. Kenzie had even spent a few nights there with them. Raven and Ariana had met and she was perfectly fine with her being over Ariana's house.

"I enrolled in school." Amari blurted out.

"What?" Ariana asked happily. "For this semester?"

"Yeah, we start Wednesday."

"Where?"

"California State, I'm taking in person classes."

"I'm so proud of you." Ariana kissed his lips. "What's your major?"

"Architecture."

"That is so good, are you excited?"

"Nah, I'm just ready to get it over with. So I can start my career."

Ariana nodded. "Well I wish you nothing but success and I'm here to support you."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Ariana smiled.

"You smiling like you the one that's enrolled." Amari joked.

"Because I'm happy for you, a lot of people put school off for a while and never end up going back. You going back shows that you want better for yourself and your child. Not to say that they don't." Amari nodded, understanding where she was coming from.

"I feel you."

Once again silence filled the room. Only the episode of Celebrity Family Feud playing on the tv could be heard throughout the room. Neither of them felt the need to talk, their presence  was enough to keep each other entertained.

Eventually Ariana's television cut off, leaving the room to be filled with her light breathing and Amari's snores. They'd both had a long day at work and were finally getting the sleep they needed to start their day tomorrow.

...

After a long day at work Amari headed to Ariana's house. He had gotten a new job at a warehouse that paid pretty well. He had let go of the valeting and cleaning job so he could make more money and have more spare time since he was in school.

When Amari arrived to Ariana's house he rung the doorbell, waiting on her to answer the door. Even though the two had begun spending the night over each other's houses neither one of them had a key to the other's houses. Ariana's mother taught her at a young age not to ever give a man her house key, especially if he wasn't paying any bills.

"Hey." Ariana spoke, stepping aside so Amari could come in.

"Wassup." Amari spoke.

"Nothing, how was your day?" Ariana questioned.

"It was good, how was yours?" Amari questioned, going straight to the kitchen to get a bottle of Fiji water from the fridge.

"It was good, I cooked dinner."