Chapter 8

Omniscient

Ariana pulled up on the side of the curb and prepared to get out of the car so the valet could park her car. Her friends were standing where the valet stand was, patiently waiting on her. She was only meeting Logan and Tatiana for lunch today, Tasha and Tatiana were still not talking to each other so she'd decided not to come.

Ariana got out of the car and began walking towards her friends, looking for the valet.

"Where's the valet?" Ariana questioned.

"He's parking my car." Tatiana spoke, Ariana nodded her head.

"You look nice." Logan complimented her.

"Thanks."

Ariana was surprised at the familiar face she saw walking towards her. She knew Amari had told her that he worked at a restaurant, but she didn't think it was this particular restaurant.

"Wassup Ari." Amari spoke as he reached Ariana and her friends. Logan and Tatiana frowned, wondering how she knew the man.

"Hey." Ariana gave him a small smile,  giving him her keys. She was ready to go inside, she had no plans on introducing him to her friends.

"Damn, you going act like you don't know a nigga?" He chuckled, grabbing the keys from her.

Ariana looked back at her friends before responding. That motion let Amari know exactly why she was acting the way she was.

"I-" Ariana started.

"Go on in there with your friends." Amari walked away from her.

Ariana sighed, walking inside with Logan and Tatiana.

"Who was that?" Logan questioned curiously as they made their way inside of the restaurant.

"Just a friend." Ariana downplayed their relationship. Even though she didn't want to admit she was a little embarrassed to tell them they were dating. She didn't want them seeing someone she dated as "the help."

"Didn't look like a friend to me." Logan mumbled.

Throughout lunch Ariana barely said a word. She was thinking of all the possible things that could be going through Amari's head right now. From the look he gave her she could tell that he was mad at the way she had acted in front of her friends.

"I'll be back." Ariana announced, getting up from her seat.

"Where you going?" Tatiana questioned.

"I need to get something from my car." Ariana lied.

"Oh okay."

Ariana headed outside where Amari was scrolling through his phone, something he did when he wasn't busy at work.

"What you out here for?" Amari questioned.

"Look I'm sorry for acting like that it's just-" Amari cut her off before she could continue talking.

"We can talk about it later." Amari wasn't about to discuss anything personal at his workplace.

"Okay." Ariana headed back inside of the restaurant. She was relieved that she didn't have to deal with the situation right now.

Ariana and her friends stayed at the restaurant for about fifteen more minutes then parted ways. Ariana headed back to her office to get some work done. She was ready for the day to be over with so she could go home.

...

Amari waited patiently at Ariana's front door. He had came to her house since he didn't have to go to work tonight. Amari heard the doors unlocking before he came face to face with Ariana.